    Jon Guest

    Is there a way to set up my reader to include 'X-No-Archive: yes'
    in the headers automatically?

    Jon, Oct 20, 2005

  2. Jon

    gwtc Guest

    take a look at this: http://ilias.ca/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/#Xnoarchive.
    Even though it says Moz Mail, just find the corresponding TB files
    and make the changes there.

    gwtc, Oct 20, 2005

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Just find"? I'm sorry, but I wouldn't know where to
    start. I've searched my PC for the mentioned 'user.js'
    file as described in that link you've provided, and it
    doesn't seem to be on my machine at all.

    Jon, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Jon

    gwtc Guest

    Of course you can't find it on your machine. YOU have to create it.
    Thats why its called the "user" file. You, the "user," creates the
    file and you, the "user," puts the entries in it.

    First, your profile is hidden, so you have to unhide window files. To
    do that read this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    Next, to locate your profile, see this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate.

    When you've done all that, create the user.js file. To do that, open
    WordPad, NotePad or any other texted based editor. Put in the
    information you want, then save it as user.js and save it to TBs
    profile directory, the same place where prefs.js is located.

    It should be that simple.

    gwtc, Oct 21, 2005
  5. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Thanks very much. As you can see by my headers, your
    help was invaluable.

    Jon, Oct 21, 2005