    exams

    2) Any recommendation for web host.

    Thanks in Advance

    Retail_addict, Oct 10, 2005

  2. October 10, 2005

    You need IIS... and some hosting providers do not support ASP.Net hosting
    so email/call them to make sure. What would be better is to buy XP Pro...
    install IIS and then practice creating web sites on it. You don't even have
    to have an ISP to develop web projects on XP Pro... you just type
    http://localhost/ :).... Hosting through another provider will be very
    difficult and frustrating.

    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/
    Static IP

    Joseph Bittman MCSD, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Retail_addict

    EggHead Guest

    No it is not truth.
    You can install IIS. There are some work around.
    For me, I like to host my site. Anything go wrong, I can restart the PC :)
    Egghead

    MSN:

    EggHead, Oct 11, 2005
  4. Retail_addict

    Blackmetal Guest

    I would like to give my two cents also:

    You can use IIS to host your own webprojects. Of course, as the other poster
    said, it will be some work involved.

    When you host with another provider, to avoid the "frustating part", you
    must know some information that the provide would be able to give you, like:

    - If they have a default folder for "root"
    - If they have a default folder for "data"
    - How they handle folder permission
    - If you buy, let's say, SQL server database with the hosting, you must know
    the server name, if you have to create DSN connection strings, and stuffs
    like that

    When you host your own projects, you already know this information because
    is your machine and that's why it seems to be easier than hosting with
    someone else.

    Other thing is that when you create a new project folder AKA Application in
    VS.NET, VS.NET it will create the application root under IIS, and when you
    host with an external provider, you must go to your webhosting account and
    enable the application on the destination folder, and so on, but either way,
    it will require a little work.

    My suggestion is: don't worry about work, in software development nothing is
    magic or automatic, and that's why you want to get training in that, to be
    able to do it by yourself.

    Keep on going and don't feel frustrated if something doesn't work at the
    beginning, just try to fixit and keep going

    Blackmetal, Oct 11, 2005
  5. Retail_addict

    wylovan Guest

    wylovan, Oct 11, 2005