    laptop, allowing him to keep the static info in place, but still be able to
    connect to DHCP services w/out having to reconfigure?
    Wes

    Guest, May 26, 2006

  2. If the client machines are running XP and there is no DHCP server on the
    network, configure the clients to obtain an IP address automatically. Then
    use the Alternate configuraation tab to set the static IPs:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283676/en-us

    The result is that whenever the machine cannot reach a DHCP server it will
    use the static IP - if a DHCP server is present, the machine will get a
    dynamic IP.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], May 26, 2006

  3. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Jack, May 26, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you to both Doug and Jack, i knew there was a way to do it, just
    couldn't remember for the life of me, thanks again.

    Guest, May 26, 2006