    How should the 'Cfwd No Ans Dest:' entry be configured for the
    voicemail?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    It shouldn't. That setting is used for Call Forwarding if the SIP
    provider supports it.

    I haven't got voicemail now :-(
    I had it last week and when the line wasn't registered, calling the
    number the call went straight to voicemail.

    Now:
    if not registered - get unobtainable
    if registered - call just rings until timed out with call dropped
    if register but engaged - get engaged tone

    I would expect to get directed to voicemail for each of these.

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    Apparently voip.co.uk do so.
    I did get an email indicatiing that was so.
    @voicemail.voip.co.uk
    How should the bit before the @ be configured though?- my sip user
    number doesn't seem to work.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    I didn't get any email referring to this.
    Are you suggesting that <something>@voicemail.voip.co.uk should be
    entered in all or some of the 'Call Forward Settings' section of the
    ATA?

    If so, I wonder why we haven't been told :-(

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 28, 2005
  5. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    My voicemail doesn't work at all and it is a B nuisence.
    I got an email suggesting that I set up my ATA to
    v<vmid>@voicemail.voip.co.uk
    I assume 'vmid' is my voicemail box number.
    I entered it under
    User 1:Cfwd No Ans Dest:
    Well, it still doesn't work. I just get the response:
    "I am sorry. The mailbox configured has not been found."
    I wondered if it might be possible to forward to my voipfone SIP
    number but that doesn't work. :-(
    Theo did say, in an email, that he was working on a web interface for
    voicmail, over teh weekend, but if he is the only guy doing this, and
    answering mail from people like me and you, he will be well busy.
    Currently you can enable voicemail to, allegedly (not checked) pick up
    calls while you are engaged.
    QUOTE:
    In my.voip.co.uk, under "Your Phone
    Numbers",
    select your phone number, then "enable Voicemail" choose "Default
    Profile".
    UNQUOTE
    Whilst waiting for the work to be carried out I thought I might be
    able to sort out the voicemail. Scouring the Net for info. hasn't
    gleaned very much. I suspect that I might be doing the right thing but
    the server isn't giving the correct response.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 28, 2005
  6. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    I'm not surprised :-( . Because Call Forwarding doesn't work anyway and
    I have reported this as well as many other things to Theo.
    Mine was set like that by default anyway.

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 28, 2005
  7. Brian A

    Dave Gill Guest

    Mine was set up like that by default too. When I first set up my ATA
    for VoIP.co.uk I dialled in to voicemail to set a greeting and, as far
    as I'm aware, it's worked fine ever since. I haven found an option to
    save or repeat messages yet though...

    Dave Gill, Nov 28, 2005
  8. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    It's been added to the Web Interface but not to 121 yet.

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 28, 2005
  9. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    I've heard from Theo and he's been working over the week-end on various
    problems (including Voicemail), which he is currently testing and hopes
    to have implemented by tomorrow night.

    David

    David Floyd, Nov 28, 2005
  10. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    Good!
    Thanks for the info. - Let's hope it goes OK.
    If call forwarding did work would it be possible to direct calls to
    another SIP number by making an entry in the form

    ?
    where 1234567 is the voip number you wish to call.
    I know that it is OK to use the form [email protected]
    (or so the Sipura guide indicates)

    Alternatively, if there was peering could one use the appropriate
    code, for the voip operator, followed by the voip number?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Nov 28, 2005