setting up networks as per the training kit manual for ms win professional

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by val, May 25, 2004.

  1. val

    val Guest

    I recently downloaded material for the netg microsoft
    windows professional online course. My student no. is
    53/2758. Unfortunately my computer became infected with
    the sasser worm. I installed the MS patch , ran a norton
    recovery program and my antivirus software & confgrd my
    firewalls. Now i want to remaster my computer and
    download the same files /course work again...is this
    possible using a firewall ?I have a compaq armada 110
    with Windows ME ; laptop . Can i download the material
    onto this?

    Also I am trying to set up a home nertwork as practice
    for the CD with the manual/training kit fot MS win
    Professional Installation & Configuration. The network is
    as proposed is as follows:

    desktop with XP home edition (maybe wth a parrtnd copy of
    MS win Advanced Server)

    laptop with ME to run a partioned copy of Win 2000
    Professional evaluation copy

    desktop with win 98 . 128 MB RAM, 7 GB hard disk as Win
    2000 Server (evaluation copy) Primary Domain Controller...
    (any hints on installin & partioning these evaluation cds)

    I am having problems in installing a home network as an
    initiatory network with desktop XP connectg to the laptop
    ME.

    i have created a network setup floppy disk from my
    desktop with XP home edition for a laptop with ME . The
    laptop comes up with the error "Rundll32 has caused an
    error in <unknown>". "Rundll32 will now close" . when
    inserted and executed..... could you suggest a
    solution .THANKS.

    PS I have run the Network setup Wizard on both
    computers ; XP first . I have NACs in both & a crossover
    cable . With XP Home edition do I get pre-installed
    drivers for a 3c90x NAC from 3com (10/100 Ethernet NAC).
    Both NAcs are installed with no exclamations nxt to thm
    in Device Manager.

    Also I would like to create a partition on my laptop ; it
    has 512 mb ram , 1.74GB availbl virtl memory / 1.45GB
    page file space and a partition on my desktop with 1.43
    GB available virtual memory, 1.22 GB page file space...so
    I can install MS win ADv Server & or Professional this
    inc . on a third comp. with a celeron processor running
    win 98 with 7197 mb available on drive c/ 64 mb ram... ms
    server diks are evaluation copies.thanks again...

    thanks.await ur reponse

    val

    val, May 25, 2004

  2. val

    showie Guest

    your setting up a big mess, this will help you very little
    on the exams, get a eval. copy of win server'03 and run a
    proper network

    showie, May 25, 2004

  3. val

    Paul Lynch Guest

    An alternative option to consider is Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. This
    will allow you to install multiple OS's on one machine and network
    them together using the MS Loopback adapter.

    This way you won't have to worry about partitioning your hard disk as
    the virtual machines' hard diskss are represented as files on your
    existing machine. Server OS's aren't officially supported but I'm
    having no trouble running W2K3, W2K, Solaris 8 x86 and Oracle 10g all
    on the one machine - although you do need a machine with oodles of
    memory for this :)

    Try it free here :

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8C-3E10-4C54-BCD5-ADC1E780715F&displaylang=en

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, May 25, 2004
  4. val

    Neil Guest

    Neil, May 25, 2004
  5. val

    Paul Lynch Guest

    Paul Lynch, May 25, 2004
  6. val

    Consultant Guest

    paul is real

    Consultant, May 25, 2004
  7. val

    Neil Guest

    Don't make me dig out my student discount offers....

    Neil, May 25, 2004
  8. val

    Neil Guest

    I'm hurt...

    Neil, May 25, 2004
  9. val

    LnkWizard Guest

    But Neil has NEW updates

    LnkWizard, May 25, 2004
  10. val

    Neil Guest

    Lnk you're....the best

    Neil, May 26, 2004
  11. Lnk you're....the best

    LnkWizard is real

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 26, 2004
  12. val

    Neil Guest

    updated?

    Neil, May 26, 2004
  13. val

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    LnkWizard more than allitcertkill*$(^*#(^&NO CARRIER$(*^

    Ken Briscoe, May 26, 2004
  14. val

    Neil Guest

    the best

    Neil, May 26, 2004
  15. val

    Worm Guest

    No, you need to buy a new Dell Latitude to do that.
    Format and reinstall.
    Yer welcome.

    Worm, Jul 12, 2004
  16. val