Setting up network on a HP Pavillion m7590n (XP WMC 2005)

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by Lonpuz, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. Lonpuz

    Lonpuz Guest

    Hi all,

    When I bought my PC six months ago, I was told I could setup a wireless
    network with the PC without the need of an external router. My friends at HP
    support have told me they will not support the wireless hardware they have
    built into the PC. Nice. Anyways, here is the spec. info for the PC's
    wireless hardware;

    Integrated 10/100Base-T network interface; high-speed 56K fax modem;
    Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g

    I have a the use of a laptop from my employer, which has a wireless PCMCIA
    card. If I need to buy a router then fine. I just don't want to waste my
    money if I don't have to! I am really a wireless noobie. Any help is
    appreciated!

    Lonpuz.

    Lonpuz, Feb 9, 2007

  2. Lonpuz

    Chris H. Guest

    You should be fine with the wireless card. However, you may want to check
    out the microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web newsgroup or some sites like
    www.practicallynetworked.com for general information. This newsgroup
    supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking brand hardware and software only.

    Chris H., Feb 9, 2007

  3. Lonpuz

    Lonpuz Guest

    Thanks Chris. Sorry if I strayed from the group topic matter.

    Lonpuz, Feb 10, 2007
  4. Lonpuz

    Chris H. Guest

    No problem. I think you'll find it easy, but regular networking help is
    available as I indicated.

    Chris H., Feb 10, 2007