  1. !

    ! Guest

    Is it easy to setup my own domain as a SIP address?

    !, May 15, 2006

  2. !

    Martin² Guest

    All you need to do is give your SIP callers your IP number, obviously it
    helps if that is static, and ask them to call you direct. (e.g. if your IP
    is 123.45.67.89 then they dial #123*45*67*89#)
    If you have dynamic IP then there are DNS schemes allowing your IP to be
    mapped.

    But why bother with any of that if you can register with Sipgate for free
    and get geographical No. for incoming calls to boot ?
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², May 16, 2006

  3. !

    Tim Bray Guest

    You need a SIP proxy server.

    Tim

    Tim Bray, May 16, 2006
  4. !

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Because he wants to use his own domain name as part of his SIP address?

    Paul Cupis, May 16, 2006
  5. Would be useful in the way that he could use a sip proxy hosted at the
    domain rather than anything more substantial.

    Thomas Kenyon, May 16, 2006
  6. !

    aap Guest

    1 need a domain, so you need a DNS
    2 SIP phone logging in to a (non)existent proxy
    3 allow port 5060 (or what you told DNS) incoming on the firewall
    4 people can call you at [email protected] or [email protected]

    Goodluck

    Jack

    aap, May 17, 2006
  7. !

    ! Guest

    This is the bit I'm having problems with.
    Setup on APF

    !, May 17, 2006
  8. !

    Martin² Guest

    Martin², May 18, 2006
  9. !

    aap Guest

    There is no difference between name and a number, DNS is the glue between
    both.
    Useful, if you want to make phonecalls without a provider (free, no provider
    bugs and errors and records, ...).

    Jack

    aap, May 18, 2006
  10. !

    aap Guest

    Example:
    1 got to voipstunt.com,
    2 dowload, run their software,
    3 get a number using their software,
    4 go to their website pay 10 euro,
    5 try you downloaded PC phone,
    6 on their website read the sip configuration
    7 enter the configuration into your ATA box.
    8 make a call using 0049xxxxx prefixes

    Where is the problem?

    aap, May 18, 2006
  11. !

    Martin² Guest

    Jack:
    Right, but as I said before, you can do that with just IP numbers.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², May 19, 2006
  12. !

    aap Guest

    Yep, ur right. Just IP numbers work fine Martin.

    aap, May 19, 2006