    screen. I type in the authorization and it tells me that the router failed
    to assign a network address. Someone please help. Respond here or mail to

    Thans

    Guest, Nov 19, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hi there,
    try and uninstall your router and then reinstall it the software before you
    install the hardware and make sure to follow all the instruction on screen
    and this time try to select the WEP with four keys and a pass phrase and now
    select the your wireless connection select it and click on properties and
    enter the key there and select the option (the key is provided for me
    automatically) and click ok . if this dons'nt work then forget about wep
    simply go back to the router setup and choose the mac address option cause
    that is also very secure good luck
    ahmad armstrong

    Guest, Nov 19, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    tried that, when I enter the WEP into windows networking, the key dissapears
    and defaults back to something else when I click ok

    Guest, Nov 19, 2005
  4. Guest

    arook1427

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    response to router setup

    You should attempt to reset the router and make sure your encryption is the same when you enter in your key into the properties menu. For advanced wireless security information visit CXtec's website. They can assist you with anything and they also have a vast selection of network cables.

    arook1427, Jul 30, 2008