Setting up a new connection ... again, again!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by David Love, Jan 7, 2007.

  1. David Love

    David Love Guest

    Hello

    Thank you for all those who made the latest suggestions regarding
    solving my problem. In the end, 'cos I decided to take the easy way
    out, I completely reinstalled Windows 2000 Professional; downloaded
    and applied all the updates, and, much to my delight, when I went to
    establish a New Connection, it worked :)

    And for Dianthus Mimulus. My operating system of choice is RISC OS.
    I use Windows solely because there is no decent genealogy programme
    for RISC OS. Over the last eighteen months or so I have learnt a
    little about Windows - enough to set up an Internet Connection, using
    the Wizard - which is why I was surprised that things went wrong on
    this occasion.

    And just to add to the mix, I am presently teaching myself to use SuSE
    10.1. Gotta keep my geriatric brain active, yer know :)

    David

    David Love, Jan 7, 2007

  2. David Love

    Peter Guest

    I use Gramps on my Kubuntu system, and it should be available as part of the
    SuSE distro. If not, it is available from ...
    http://gramps-project.org/

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Jan 7, 2007

  3. Cool! Wasn't there a recent update released for that OS?

    Restarts often sort out many M$ Windows problems. Reinstalls sort out many
    others. That's the Microsoft way. :eek:)

    You may want to upgrade that to SuSE 10.2 - it is much improved over 10.1
    and is without the major bugs that plagued 10.1 . SuSE 10.2 is very nice
    indeed. :eek:)

    Dianthus Mimulus, Jan 7, 2007
  4. David Love

    Biggles Guest

    Amusing how the cola trolls only admit to major bugs plaguing a distro
    ..after the are fixed ...

    Biggles, Jan 8, 2007