    geeks make a small fortune bailing people out. Pity the manufacturers cannot
    supply the computers all ready to go with just a user name and password. Am
    I asking for the moon?

    freenews.inet.au, Mar 2, 2008

  2. freenews.inet.au

    Barb Bowman Guest

    well, you are asking in the wrong newsgroup which is meant to
    support Microsoft branded broadband networking hardware (which is
    now discontinued). your best is to post your lament in the
    manufacturer's forums. if you had selected a different brand of
    router some have support for Windows Connect Now and work quite well
    with windows (as opposed to running the manufacturers proprietary
    setup disk).

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Mar 2, 2008

  3. freenews.inet.au

    Sysop Guest

    Well, I just got into these forums recently (looking for a minor Windows
    Update Issue for Vista-HP). I pretty much got the monior issue dealt with on
    my own.

    Anyways, The Router Software Disk is to set up drivers (if any that are
    needed that Windows does not supply) for programming/customizing the router
    operation(s)/function(s). (Note: Room Temp being too hot causes problems
    for a variety of electronic devices, especially a room temp of 85-Degrees
    Farenheit or more!)

    If you haven't found a solution to your router issue yet, let me know the
    brand and model of your router and I'll see what I can find out for you. As
    far as if any drivers are needed, "DriverGuide.com" has many for new and old
    alike. Is free for about all if you know what you're looking for. (provided,
    you need resources for updated driver for your router and can't get from the
    manufacturer.)

    Sysop, Apr 25, 2008