    of use on the os9 cd.....

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Er have you checked the extensions manager to make sure it hasn't just been
    disabled?

    Probably a good old fashioned reinstall sounds good. Boot off the OS 9 cd
    and rename your system folder then reinstall.

    wogers nemesis, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Er have you checked the extensions manager to make sure it hasn't just been

    wogers nemesis, Dec 21, 2004
  4. thing

    thing Guest

    Yes I found it after about 2 hours and 2 re-installs....doh.....Mac
    OS9.x is not my forte....
    An option I am considering, except last time I renamed it, I could not
    rename it back....so it turned into a one way process.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Dec 21, 2004
  6. thing

    Mercury Guest

    The procedure and options are the same regardless of the colour of your mac.

    Couldn't resist that one :)

    Mercury, Dec 21, 2004
  7. thing

    Mercury, Dec 21, 2004
  8. An option I am considering, except last time I renamed it, I could not
    rename it back....so it turned into a one way process.[/QUOTE]

    Short of your filesystem being stuffed, the only reason I can think of
    why you can't rename a file or folder is that its name has become
    locked. The name of the System Folder is not normally locked (there's no
    reason for it to be), but if it is, a handy tool for unlocking it is
    ResEdit.

    Lawrence
    also owns a beige G3

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 24, 2004