Setting up a bluetooth connection to a stereo headset

Discussion in 'Linux Networking' started by Guest, Feb 11, 2012.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello.

    I've been looking for a while but can't get a bluetooth headset to
    pair and work with my linux pc.

    I have seen that btsco is obsolete, and that everything should be
    handled by bluetoothd (I have compiled bluez-4.98 with alsa support by
    the way).

    I can see the headset adress with hcitool scan.

    # hcitool scan
    Scanning ...
    00:18:91:D0:7A:24 hear01

    I can establish a connection with it with "rfcomm connect 1
    $HEAR01" (this variable holds the address of the headset) and hcitool
    scan seems to show that the connection is established:

    # hcitool con
    Connections:
    < ACL 00:18:91:D0:7A:24 handle 42 state 1 lm MASTER AUTH
    ENCRYPT

    I have defined a "btheadset" device in my .asoundrc:

    # cat .asoundrc
    ....snip...
    pcm.btheadset {
    type bluetooth
    device "00:18:91:D0:7A:24"
    profile "auto"
    }
    ctl.btheadset {
    type bluetooth
    }

    but I can't get mplayer to use this device:

    # mplayer -ao alsa:device=btheadset file.mp3
    .... snip...
    bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
    [AO_ALSA] Playback open error: Connection refused
    Failed to initialize audio driver 'alsa:device=btheadset'
    Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
    Audio: no sound
    Video: no video

    Exiting... (End of file)

    Any help out there? Thanks!