Setting NAT on XP computer ?

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by Eliane de Tahiti, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    Which netsh NAT commands must I enter on my "XP SP2 router" to NAT my LAN
    over Internet ?

    I have :

    - a Windows 98 client,

    - a XP SP2 computer operating as a server (setting to 1 his IpEnableRouter
    registry key is done")

    - an ADSL Ethernet modem provided by my internet provider. This modem is
    also set as a router

    On the W98 client :

    The ip address of this client is forced to 192.168.1.13 / 255.255.255.0

    The default gateway of this client is forced to 192.168.1.1

    On the XP router :

    The LAN interface ip address of the XP router is forced to 192.168.1.1 /
    255.255.255.0

    The WAN interface ip address of the XP router is set to 192.168.0.2 /
    255.255.255.0

    The default gateway of this XP router is set to the modem ip address
    (192.168.0.254)

    On the modem :

    The ip address of the modem is 192.168.0.254 for his internal segment

    The ip address of the modem external segment is set by the Provider DHCP

    Witch exactly "netsh routing ip nat" commands must I do on my XP router ?

    Netsh routing ip nat install

    Netsh routing ip nat add interface WHAT ?

    Netsh routing ip nat add addressrange WHAT ?

    Netsh routing ip nat add addressmapping WHAT ?

    Without a correct NAT setting on the Xp router, here are the results of the
    following commands
    on the W98 client:

    Ping 192.168.1.1 => ok

    Ping 192.168.0.2 => ok