    anything in the set up that will allow me to set it for a longer amount
    of time...
    Thanks if you can help

    EW105, Apr 2, 2005

  2. EW105

    why? Guest

    It may help to mention if it's a Windows boot menu, a Boot Manager or
    maybe Grub or LILO?

    www.google.com will help with all of those.

    Me

    why?, Apr 2, 2005

  3. EW105

    cluedweasel Guest

    It would help to know what Operating Systems you are talking about or
    what bootloader you're using. In XP you could try right clicking on
    the My Computer icon, select Properties and then click on the Advanced
    icon. Then click on the settings button under the Startup and Recovery
    heading and adjust things there. However if you're using Lilo, Grub or
    some other boot loader, this won't help much.

    cluedweasel, Apr 2, 2005
  4. EW105

    FML Guest

    EW105 spewed forth...
    If Windows, there is a file in the root directory called boot.ini (you may
    have to enable "Show hidden files and folders" to see it). Edit this file,
    there should be a line in the [boot loader] section containing timeout=nn
    (where nn is the time of the delay in seconds). Change this line to the
    number of seconds desired, save it, and reboot.

    You should be good to go.
    HTH

    FML, Apr 2, 2005
  5. EW105

    Plato Guest

    Depends on what, if any, boot manager you are using.

    Plato, Apr 2, 2005
  6. EW105

    fares jajeh

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I got the same problem

    Hello,
    i have a windows 7 OS and i have recently installed linux as a secondary OS, however the boot was a bit tricky, i got only three seconds to choose whether to use redhat or windows, and they are on different menus, there is this menu that has two options: redhat and other, if i click the other it forwards me to windows 7, the main menu of redhat and 7, it gives me only 3 sec to choose or it boot up linux and that ****es me off because i usually just startup my computer and just do other things ... when i come back i find linux. if anyone can help it would be great and thanks anyways .
    regards,

    fares jajeh, May 8, 2011