setting dialer enable-timeout with dialer profiles

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dan Lanciani, Jul 28, 2008.

  1. Dan Lanciani

    Dan Lanciani Guest

    Is there any way to set the actual dialer enable-timeout when using
    dialer pools in 12.4(16a)? You can't apply it to the physical
    interface as long as it is a member of a dialer pool and if you apply
    it to the dialer interface itself it has no effect on the physical
    interface (which remains at the default of 15 seconds).

    I'd be happy to use rotaries rather than pools, but sometime after
    12.4(5) they broke support for vpdn dialers such that if a rotary
    has both physical interfaces and a vpdn group the vpdp group is
    never used.

    Another funny thing about 12.4 dialer pools: when a physical
    interface is up the "dialer group" line from the dialer interface
    is actually added to the physical interface in the running
    configuration. If you save the running configuration to startup
    while the line is up this "dialer group" line provokes an error
    at the next restart because dialer group commands aren't allowed
    on pool members...

    Dan Lanciani
    [email protected]*com

    Dan Lanciani, Jul 28, 2008