    won't work on x64. Is there any program, or registry edit that can do this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Ken!

    Guest, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Guest

    js Guest

    I can't answer that but wonder what kind of results you've had by selecting
    affinity and assigning processors to certain processes. I was going to try
    that out tonight to see what kind of result I can get. Is it better than
    simply letting the OS do the work?

    RT

    js, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I got an answer on PlanetAMD64.com. They directed me to this program:

    <http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040528/task-assignment-02.html>

    in case anyone else is interested.

    I haven't run much to check the results yet, but I have had success running
    a memory intensive program (Folding @ Home) on one processor, and a memory
    intensive game (FarCry x64) on the other. Graphics, sound and framerates
    were better...

    Good luck,

    Ken!

    Guest, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Excellent! I do visit Toms but missed that article.

    The Frozen Canuck

    The Frozen Canuck, Dec 23, 2005