    server, this procedure sometimes works but sometimes does not. I'd
    like to understand why and I'd also like to learn a more reliable
    method of *manually* installing the print driver in this situation.

    Bob Simon, Sep 12, 2007

  2. HI
    When you configure a Network Pinter always configure it with Static IP.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 12, 2007

  3. Bob Simon

    Bob Simon Guest

    The printer IP address and the print server IP address are both
    static. The only way I've been able to reliably install print drivers
    for printers behind the print server has been with the special utility
    provided with the print server, which sets up special types of ports
    like USB3 (virtual USB). The standard TCP/IP port (with the static IP
    address of the printer) does not work well in my experience.

    I'm confident that there must be a way to manually set up a reliable
    driver and I'd like to learn how. Can you offer any tips?

    Bob Simon, Sep 13, 2007