    regardless if they are passing traffic or not.

    Any ideas on this? The same thing happens if I hard-code the
    idle-timeout into the 5800/5300 or if I pass it via a radius attribute.

    Matt, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Do your interfaces have any traffic defined as interesting?
    If no traffic is interesting, then an idle timeout is the
    same as an absolute timeout.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ I'm having the following issue with my Cisco AS5300 and AS5800s.
    ~
    ~ If I set an idle-timeout on them the devices are, for some reason,
    ~ intepreting the idle-timeout as a session-timeout. So the following
    ~ radius attributes:
    ~
    ~ RADIUS Standard Idle-Timeout 1800
    ~ RADIUS Standard Session-Timeout 21600
    ~
    ~ Cause the caller to be disconnected after only 30 minutes (1800 seconds)

    Aaron Leonard, Feb 17, 2004