    Scribner Guest

    Is there some way to see what services.exe is running in XP Pro and to
    selectively turn individual services off? Thanks.

    Scribner, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Scribner

    WormWood Guest

    You could try checking out the Task Manager,ctrl-alt-del. There may be
    another, better way, I hope so.

    WormWood, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Scribner

    Pennywise Guest

    |> Is there some way to see what services.exe is running in XP Pro and to
    |> selectively turn individual services off? Thanks.

    Run (WinKey+R) services.msc
    double click on em and follow the directions.

    Pennywise, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    Thanks, but I don't have a Windows key.

    Scribner, Jan 10, 2005
  5. Scribner

    Pennywise Guest

    |> >Run (WinKey+R) services.msc
    |> >double click on em and follow the directions.

    |> Thanks, but I don't have a Windows key.

    Not use'd to that :)

    Then hold Control key - hit escape, release then R

    Pennywise, Jan 10, 2005
  6. Scribner

    Sky King Guest

    Then type "services.msc" on the Start/Run line.

    --

    ....Sky

    Tom "Sky" King
    =============

    Sky King, Jan 10, 2005
  7. Scribner

    lsj7 Guest

    http://www.winpatrol.com/

    I can't believe no one has recommended this free program to you. A truly
    versatile program, which has exactly what you want.

    yer welcome

    --

    Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their
    attention. .If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you

    _________Jefferson to Carrington 1787

    lsj7

    lsj7, Jan 10, 2005
  8. Scribner

    lsj7 Guest

    http://www.sofotex.com/Atronics-File-Security-download_L13337.html

    lsj7, Jan 10, 2005
  9. Scribner

    lsj7 Guest

    ...sorry, wrong thread.........

    lsj7, Jan 10, 2005
  10. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    I completely forgot about Win Patrol. Thanks.

    Scribner, Jan 11, 2005
  11. Nice little bit, there. I've had something very like this on my wish
    list for some time. Thanks!

    Swill

    Governor Swill, Jan 11, 2005
  12. Governor Swill, Jan 11, 2005