    routing commands that I can use to complete this test or is there some
    software that is free that I can use to test this?

    Thanks you for any response, Have a Great Day

    tmed, Jul 9, 2007

  2. fugettaboutit, Jul 9, 2007

  3. tmed

    reynoldsge Guest

    I often just use many pings with a large payloads all running at the
    same time (quick and easy)

    Create a batch file with this line in it "ping -t -l 15000 x.x.x.x"
    - where x.x.x.x is your destination address
    - run more and more of the batch files and your circuit will saturate.
    Usually takes about 30 batch files running to saturate my T1.
    - run it at your local site, pinging a destination site. The " -l
    1500" may have to be adjust up or down depending on your MTU.

    Then you could do a "show interface" within the router, and check the
    "5 minute output rate"

    Or run something like PRTG (easy, windows, free limited verison) to
    trend your routers interface using SMTP

    cheers
    Gavin Reynolds
    Perth, Australia