    downloaded a version.

    Does the service pack force you to adopt IE 7.0 and media player 11 ??? The
    previous service packs fo 32 bit XP had this habbit.

    Guest, Jul 2, 2006

  2. Guest

    Rick Guest

    If I remember correctly, Microsoft has posted 2H
    2006, second half of 2006. So, it could be
    anytime between now and Dec 31, 2006.

    Rick, Jul 2, 2006

  3. This is a BETA of the Service Pack. Release dates are always subject to
    change until they actually happen. And no you should NOT install it on a
    production system unless you understand the risks associated with that.

    Please - there are beta specific newsgroups which you should use for
    discussions of the beta.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2006
  4. Hello,
    This is the public link to check on service pack status:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx
    Anything else is speculation.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]