"Service Control Manager Cannot be Opened.Access Denied"

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Dear everyone,

    I have a DFS Service running in the Active Directory and is working fine. I
    could create new replication groups in the AD, whether the target is within
    the same domain or not.

    Lately I have a problem with adding a new Replication group while using the
    DFS Management Console at the hub (destination) server. The source (branch)
    server that contains the content I want to replicate to the hub(destination)
    server has been enabled with the DFS service. The source (branch) server is a
    Windows 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition R2 and installed with Service Pack 1.
    When I use the "New Replication Group Wizard", I have a prompt error saying
    "servername.domain.root.net:The Service control manager cannot be
    opened.Access is denied."

    Any ideas how to solve this or why this is happening?

    Thanks!

    Guest, Jun 20, 2007