    right click the folder and untick "Read Only" click OK, when I go back in
    its ticked again. Is there some sort of global security policy that has to
    be set?

    Simon, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Simon

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Question:
    Are you looking at file attributes or are you looking at security
    permissions? Server 2003 may have carried over a bug I've seen in Windows
    XP where /every/ file is listed as read only. This didn't affect anything
    like saving or deleting the files, just they listed as read only. Don't
    know why, didn't feel like wasting time fixing it. Check that first, that
    you really can't write the file (use the administrator account on the
    machine).

    Next, check file access permissions, make sure the user groups that you
    want to have access have read/write access (check everything but full
    control, generally). Next, check your share permissions, so that the share
    is assigning them read and write permissions. If either of those checks
    (the NTFS permissions or the share partitions) fail to allow writing, the
    users won't be able to write.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction