Server 2003, MYSQL and PHPBB problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by iisath, Nov 17, 2004.

  1. iisath

    iisath Guest

    Hello,

    Trying to get help with this situation. I have installed PHPBB, PHP (4X) and
    MySQL 4.1.

    This is how I started out.

    1. Installed MYSQL - ran setup - did FULL install - and entered in new
    password when requested. MYSQL gave the green light when computer rebooted.
    Created new database with CREATE DATABASE XXX; Also installed ODBC from
    MYSQL site and created a "SITE DSN" for the ODBC

    2. Installed PHP and verfied working and accessible

    3. Installed PHPBB per the instructions on the site. Did the permissions as
    instructed on config.php and install.php

    4. Came to the install screen. Entered the info and password that I did with
    MYSQL installation (Root was the username)

    NOW SAYS - CANNOT CONNECT TO THE DATABASE. I do not know what to do at this
    point.. Please help

    fo

    8

    r7t