    How diff is 2003 from 2000 and is the cert exam for 2003
    simple.
    thnxs

    JB, Apr 2, 2004

  2. JB

    Anonymous Guest

    Yes.

    Anonymous, Apr 3, 2004

  3. JB

    MyDoom.? Guest

    Which server OS is being used at the company you work
    for. That's the OS to test on in my opinion.

    MyDoom.?, Apr 3, 2004
  4. JB

    Neil Guest

    hey Doom.? have't seen you mcse lately. hope we didn't scare you off..

    Neil, Apr 3, 2004
  5. JB

    MyDoom.? Guest

    Hey Neil. No, not scared off just busy for a change at
    work and sometimes reading posts and learning. Man, I
    enjoy some of the posts from the mcngp. Hilarious stuff.

    MyDoom.?, Apr 4, 2004
  6. JB

    Neil Guest

    always fun to entertain...

    Neil, Apr 4, 2004
  7. JB

    SJ Guest

    While I agree that it's good to follow suit with your company, if
    you're not in a top IT job now, that may not help.

    Here's what I suggest. Do MCSE 2000 first using 70-218 as an elective
    to give yourself MCSA also. Then upgrade to MCSE 2003. This will
    make you much more valuable and marketable to any IT job you pursue.

    There are a wealth of resources available to help you pass the 2000
    tests. The 2003 tests are newer and there aren't as many resources
    available. I don't work for Sybex, but there MCSE 2000 series is
    excellent.

    The difference between 2000 and 2003 is similar to the differences
    between 95 and 98. They are not too hard to grasp once you understand
    2000. There is a solid base of companies using 2000 today. While
    companies can move to 2003, there aren't enough compelling reasons for
    many companies if they're running 2000. The concept is "Why upgrade.
    Windows 2000 is good enough."

    None of the exams are "simple." But if you play with the products, the
    exams do start to make sense.

    HTH
    SJ (MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD...)

    SJ, Apr 4, 2004