    Thanks in advance,

    Sammy
    No certs to list.

    Sammy Serious, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Sammy Serious

    billyw Guest

    can you delete via cmd prompt?

    billyw, Jul 14, 2004

  3. I did, using an rd /s/q ... no luck

    :(

    Despair Deepens Job in Jeopardy Heros are Few

    Sammy Serious, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Sammy Serious

    catwalker63 Guest

    What version of the OS are you using on the server?

    BTW: Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

    catwalker63, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Sammy Serious

    catwalker63 Guest

    Also, what are the specific error messages you are getting when you try
    these operations?

    catwalker63, Jul 14, 2004
  6. Sammy Serious

    Steven Hull Guest

    goto a command prompt and find out what the actual 8.3 name is for it, like
    C:\program~1 by using dir /x . Once you find that out you can access it. if
    you have to use cacls C:\folder /T /P everyone:f .

    Steven Hull, Jul 15, 2004
  7. Sammy Serious

    Brian Guest

    Did you try scanning the disk for errors? Fixing the errors might regain
    control of the folder.
    If it does I would recommend replacing the drive before you end up with a
    totally unbootable system.

    Brian, Jul 15, 2004
  8. Sammy Serious

    sAMMMY sUX Guest

    Its the standard errors you get when you have a corrupted
    folder that you cannot delete... "directory is not
    empty....access denied..."

    Can't get ACL enumerationwhen trying to add users for
    ownership or NTFS perms.

    Its a cock lock ... help ... :(

    sAMMMY sUX, Jul 15, 2004
  9. Sammy Serious

    Doom Guest

    I don't mean to offend you but have you thought about calling in a
    consultant to take a look at your server. I think you would benefit from
    having an expert look over your setup and fixing your issues. Just my .02 so
    don't get pi$$ed off.

    Doom, Jul 15, 2004
  10. Sammy Serious

    Samm Guest

    Dude, I am a consultant and I aint pist. This is an
    HP/Compaq SAN system, holds about 1 terabyte of a alrge
    comapny's data. I can't go messing around with scandisk on
    this one, lol.

    How do you toast a folder that is inacessible, but
    visible???

    calcs/xcalcs?

    Samm, Jul 15, 2004
  11. Sammy Serious

    Techie Guest

    Dude, you'r the high priced consultant shouldn't you know?

    Techie, Jul 15, 2004
  12. Sammy Serious

    Samm Guest

    Go suck a sac u little techie biotch.

    I got it figgered out.

    Thanks.

    Samm, Jul 15, 2004
  13. Sammy Serious

    Neil Guest

    time to call HP support. If you are having intermittent issues with the
    reliability of the disks on your EVA/EMA I'd be crapping bricks.
    Regradless of how to ditch this file the problem should not have occurred
    in the first place. There may be some driver updates for the fiber cards
    or firmware updates or the SAN controllers that will be required. We had
    some issues with our cHomPaq EMA SAN when we added a 2k3 cluster onto it
    - different issues but it did relate back to driver/firmware
    incompatibility. Get HP on the phone and find out what's current and what
    matches and you may find that the fix to the underlying issue will
    resolve the 'can't get rid of a file' problem as well...

    my 2¢

    Neil, Jul 15, 2004
  14. Sammy Serious

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    For future reference, what was the solution?

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 15, 2004
  15. I've got a full house, Kings over Jacks. What do you have?

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 15, 2004
  16. Sammy Serious

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Um, Fris, you must not know how to play. We still have the River and a round
    of betting. But I fold.

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 15, 2004
  17. Sammy Serious

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Boolya!!! I picked up my flush on the river! I'm all in.

    What!? A full house??? I HATE THIS GAME!!!

    TechGeekPro, Jul 15, 2004
  18. Sammy Serious

    JaR Guest

    Ignore the ignorant asshats. What was the solution?

    JaR
    Curious Thug

    JaR, Jul 15, 2004
  19. Sammy Serious