    This might be the reason the program is not seeing the freq on the radio.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Steve

    Steve, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Steve

    Thor Guest

    sounds like you have a null-modem serial cable. Those are not wired
    straight-thru.

    Thor, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Ok thanks, I'll ask around to see if i can try someone else's Cable
    before i go out and buy one.

    Steve

    Steve, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Steve

    Beachcomber Guest

    At the very minimum, you may need to interchange pins 2 and 3 (Rx and
    Tx data, repectively) at one of the connectors. Other configurations
    are also possible depending on whether you require hard wire
    handshaking or not. See this link for more info:

    http://www.aggsoft.com/rs232-pinout-cable/pinout-and-signal.htm

    Beachcomber

    Beachcomber, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Well the Manual for the Ft-1000MP says to use a standard RS-232 cable.

    The cable i have is sealed so can't change anything
    I do have some extra serial cables but there 25 pin.

    Steve

    Steve, Jan 9, 2005
  6. Steve

    colin Guest

    http://www.va3cr.net/main/cat cable pin outs.html

    CAT Cable "Pin Outs"

    There are only three wires needed between the radio's CAT jack and the
    computer's serial port:

    For a DB9 connector on the computer end:

    Pin 3 to pin 3 = Data from computer to radio

    Pin 2 to pin 2 = Data from radio to computer

    Pin 5 to pin 5 = Ground
    For a DB25 connector on the computer end:

    Radio pin 3 to computer pin 2 = Data from computer to radio

    Radio pin 2 to computer pin 3 = Data from radio to computer

    Radio pin 5 to computer pin 7 = Ground
    Check to see if the connection from either pin 3 or from pin 2 of the radio
    end of the cable to the appropriate pin on the computer end of the cable is
    open.

    colin, Jan 10, 2005