    Recently my sent mail is not showing in the sent mail box. I use
    Outlook Express 6, Win98SE and Internet Explorer.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, May 17, 2005

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    old jon Guest

    Tools\Options\Send and tick `save msg..J

    old jon, May 17, 2005

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    1) Is the "Sent Items" folder still showing in the folder list? I've had
    users drag that into the deleted items or some other weird places.

    2) Check Tools, Options, and the Send tab. The first item, "Save copies of
    sent ... " needs to be selected.

    3) If both of the above are correct, run the folder maintenance in OE:
    Tools, Options, Maintenance tab. Click on "Clean up now" then click on
    "Compact".

    4) If that still didn't fix it, find the "store folder" Tools, Options,
    Maintenance tab, click on Store Folder. Navigate to that location, and
    delete the file called sentitems.dbx (you will, of course, lose all items in
    that folder, which is why it is the last thing to try.)

    Toolman Tim, May 17, 2005
  4. Hi,

    It is already ticked.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, May 18, 2005
  5. Hi,

    I tried all the methods but to no avail. So, I went to the last method
    and opened the "Store Folder" and the following message was there:-

    "C:\WINDOWS\Application
    Data\Identities\{DCB1BD00-0B2C-11D5-9BDF-BC85D2667155}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express"

    There were no other options.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, May 18, 2005
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    You have to do the WHOLE #4, not just look at it. The Store Folder button
    tells you WHERE to go to do what I said in step 4. Please review:

    4) If that still didn't fix it, find the "store folder" Tools, Options,
    Maintenance tab, click on Store Folder. Navigate to that location, and
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    delete the file called sentitems.dbx (you will, of course, lose all items in
    that folder, which is why it is the last thing to try.)

    (emphasis added 2nd time around...)

    Toolman Tim, May 18, 2005
  7. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    old jon Guest

    Just a query TT, couldn`t he just have searched for sentitems.dbx ?. ..J

    old jon, May 18, 2005
  8. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - but I hate waiting <g>! Going to the source is quicker. Myself, I
    know exactly where OE stores files, but I feel it's a good idea to show
    others how to find things on their own.

    Toolman Tim, May 18, 2005
  9. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    old jon Guest

    I`m with you. I think we should only try to help people to help themselves,
    not do it all for them. Some have never even bothered to read a help file.
    best wishes to you. ..J

    old jon, May 18, 2005
  10. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, May 18, 2005
  11. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Thanks ;o)

    Toolman Tim, May 19, 2005
  12. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    True. What I do is highlight the Stored Folders, Ctrl-C copy it, and paste
    it in an Explorer windo address bar - why navigate when you can copy/paste
    ;o)

    Toolman Tim, May 19, 2005
  13. Hi,

    Solution found. The sentitem box was full and was not taking any more.
    I deleted some and it is working.

    Many thanks for your help and hope my finding would help others.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, May 19, 2005