    wrong.

    Thanks

    Adrian

    Adrian Dady, Feb 2, 2005

  2. I was going to say "The server may be down" but I just did a ping and a
    tracert to smtp.ntlworld.com, both went through to the server no problem.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Adrian Dady

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Sending Mail from Mozilla Thunderbird Version 1
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Try disabling your anti-virus program. The server is working, I just made a
    connection to it via telnet.

    G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Adrian Dady

    Gregg Guest

    Under tools-account settings-smtp server: make sure that under use
    secure setting that NO is checked. At least this is an error I have made
    at one time or another and every thing else looked good.

    Gregg

    Gregg, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Adrian Dady

    Adrian Dady Guest

    Ok I've disabled my Anti-Virus and Firewall, checked the smtp server
    settings and that under use secure setting is set to NO, but still unable to
    send any mail.

    Adrian

    Adrian Dady, Feb 6, 2005
  6. Adrian Dady

    Pennywise Guest

    On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:02:01 GMT, "Adrian Dady"

    |> Ok I've disabled my Anti-Virus and Firewall, checked the smtp server
    |> settings and that under use secure setting is set to NO, but still unable to
    |> send any mail.

    I get a:
    "Error reported by Server: 553 relaying denied..: Sending email message"
    anytime I attempt to send out e-mail.

    I have to check my mail first then send any I have. Something about my
    name and password opening a time'd window of access.

    So try you checking your email first before sending any out.

    Pennywise, Feb 6, 2005