    That is the only scenario that I need to figure out. I know about my fax modem in my computer.

    Thanks.

    Davant95

    Davant95, Jun 21, 2003

  2. Davant95

    Kráftéé Guest

    Kráftéé, Jun 21, 2003

  3. Davant95

    MM3NDH Guest

    Shouldn't be HTML thanks for pointing that out.. outlook is set to use plain
    text not html.

    Nathan D Higgins

    MM3NDH, Jun 21, 2003
  4. Davant95

    MM3NDH Guest

    It would save you allot of time and prevent you from getting acute muscle strain.
    That is unless you use voice recognition.

    Nathan D Higgins

    MM3NDH, Jun 21, 2003
  5. Davant95

    me Guest

    <snip> Why can't people learn to use SEARCH ENGINES!!!!!!

    aren't you here to answer the same questions that the search engines answer?
    If so we don't need to learn to use 'em......

    me, Jun 21, 2003
  6. Davant95

    Kráftéé Guest

    Shouldn't be HTML thanks for pointing that out.. outlook is set to
    Bet you've got it set to reply in the same format though...

    Kráftéé, Jun 21, 2003
  7. Davant95

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Options / Send ... uncheck 'Reply to messages using
    the format in which they were sent'.

    °Mike°, Jun 21, 2003
  8. Davant95

    J.C. Morgan Guest

    I know there are services out there, after searching I found

    http://www.tpc.int/sendfax.html

    and I know http://www.faxaway.com does it as well. You could try that.

    J.C. Morgan, Jun 21, 2003
  9. Howdy!

    To all,

    Is there a way I can send and email from my computer (without using the
    modem) to a stand alone fax machine or send a documents to someone who does
    not have a computer but fax machine?

    Google for alternatives, but one source is at www.efax.com .

    Note: I do not use their service, and have no idea how effectively
    they perform. I just know that they're out there ...

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jun 22, 2003
  10. Davant95

    boy wonder Guest

    Efax uses your modem to convert fax messages into "email" messages and vice
    versa. I use it, they gave me a free account. You install a small program
    that converts back and forth, and activate it as necessary. It works rather
    nicely. I got it thru my yahoo acct. I don't know if just anybody can get it
    free.

    An alternative, if you really don't want to use your computer modem: print
    your document and fax it using your fax machine.
    Another alternative is a 3 way printer/fax/scanner that plugs into your pc
    through the printer port.

    boy wonder, Jun 24, 2003
  11. Davant95

    genewell

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    You don't need a modem if you are using wireless or broadband but ultimately you need some connection to the internet. Most internet fax services will forward an email to any fax number you designate or forward a fax sent to a dedicated number to your email in the form of PDF (efax included!). I also found a service which will associate a specific email address to a specific fax machine so all emails sent to this address will print on the fax machine (www.faxmachinesonline.com).

    genewell, Sep 25, 2006