    one

    Just to save of server storage..

    Try and read next time..

    Frank Williams, Dec 2, 2013

  2. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Yes, we should moan ... ISPs used to offer email, webspace, Usenet
    newsgroups, etc. These days you just about get email, and yet we're
    paying the same or more for less services. :-(

    It'll be the same with the forced priced drop of copper broadband. I's
    meant to be something like a 23% cut, but the users will be lucky if
    they get a third of that thanks to greedy ISPs (some people are saying
    you'll get more data insetad, which kind of defeats the purpose of the
    price cut). :-(

    Your Name, Dec 2, 2013

  3. Gee you are really stuffed up, you do need to se a Metal Doctor Shrink.

    Frank Williams, Dec 2, 2013

  4. Yes and the Usless Ultra fast Fiber broad band that no one can afford.

    $115 with Telecom for a 30GB cap..

    Frank Williams, Dec 2, 2013
  5. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    According to an old(ish) junk mail leaflet I have here, WorldNet is
    (was?) offering these fibre plans for around the same data cap:

    - Home 1: Phone + 25GB $69 per month
    30M download / 10M upload

    - Home 2: Phone + 45GB $75 per month
    30M download / 10M upload

    (you can add $30 per month to upgrade to 100M download / 50M upload)

    or these plans at around that same price (incl. GST):

    - Home 6: Phone + 450GB $119 per month
    30M download / 10M upload

    or - Home 4: Phone + 100GB $119 per month
    with 100M download / 50M upload upgrade

    There's various other plans.

    Your Name, Dec 3, 2013
  6. Sadly, I agree with roger on this one. When we start saying fibree, then
    that's how we should spell it. Similarly center, theater and others. This is
    one of the few the the americans get right IMO. :)

    ... how ? ... unless it's fiber of course ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 3, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I've invented one, ten characters long.
    If there is one in 26 chances of guessing a letter, and one in 10 of
    guessing a number, it will take them some time to work it out.
    But why on earth would they want my emails?

    geopelia, Dec 3, 2013
  8. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Unfortunately with Xtra using Yahoo, the hackers are not guessing your
    password at all, so it makes no difference how difficult or easy it is
    to guess.

    The hackers are getting in through security holes in the server
    software at Yahoo's end, so there's absolutely nothing you can do about
    it.

    They don't want to read your emails. They usually just want to use your
    account to send spam and viruses.

    Your Name, Dec 3, 2013
  9. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Nope, Americans are always wrong. In proper correct English (as
    "invented" by the English people in England ... hence the name of the
    language), all of those words end with "re" not "er",

    Unfortauntely, due to the spread of American media, we will eventually
    end up with just the silly butchered "American English" versions of
    spellings and meanings, and their idiotic backwards dates. :-(

    Your Name, Dec 3, 2013
  10. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Magazine? How else can you spell that?

    "Gotten" is good Seventeenth Century English. In Genesis 4 :1 Eve says "I
    have gotten a man from the Lord", in the King James Version.
    The Americans are simply saying what their Pilgrim Father ancestors would
    have said.
    It's interesting that it should have come down unchanged over the
    centuries.

    (And the two four letter words p*** and s*** which rather startle us when we
    find them in the Bible would also have been acceptable English in those
    days.)

    geopelia, Dec 3, 2013
  11. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    So don't call an American a silly ass!

    geopelia, Dec 3, 2013
  12. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Wouldn't the virus programs pick up any viruses? But I doubt if they could
    do anything about the spam.

    geopelia, Dec 3, 2013
  13. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    And never disclose your password length either! :) I'm serious.

    They don't want your emails, they just want to use your account (to send
    out spam, etc).

    Dave Doe, Dec 3, 2013
  14. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    That's fine. it's the one instance where both meanings of the word
    would be correct. :)

    Your Name, Dec 3, 2013
  15. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    The anti-virus applications on the receiver's computer or thier email
    provider's system MIGHT find and stop the virus, but as before, the
    anti-virus software is always one step behind and none of it finds
    everything.

    The hackers using your account to spem and viruses won't affect your
    own computer, except that you might get a load of bounced
    "undeliverable" emails come back to you.

    Either way, it's not your fault and there's nothing you can do about
    it. It's Yahoo's fault for being so useless and Xtra's fault for
    choosing the idiots to run the email service for them.

    Your Name, Dec 3, 2013
  16. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Read what he said... "to SEND...". Your computer is not in the
    equation.

    Dave Doe, Dec 4, 2013
  17. A general spelling revision is **long** overdue IMO. Blame mr first
    dictionary compiler for most of the stupid I suppose ... but how stupid does
    that make the rest of us for continuing what he started ?? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 4, 2013

  18. Question ... what is the government doing about continual failure to meet
    the set standards ??

    Answer ... lowering them. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 4, 2013
  19. yes, yes, yes (z doesn't get out nearly enuff, though officially it's
    allowed to :) ), no (as that's not the standard and I'm a chemist by
    training :) ), and never (got is sufficient).

    :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 4, 2013
  20. The, "Above all, break any and all of these rules to avoid the barbarous"
    (paraphrased mercilessly) guideline says gotten is gone. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 4, 2013