    "No doubt about it, 9-11 was orchestrated by Lockheed." - *lexa 'connects the dots' ()
    (This sig file contains not less than 80% recycled SPAM)

    Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.

    Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy), Jun 26, 2004

  2. Ron Hunter

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    You are hampered by two truly dull weapons.

    When are you leaving and taking your degrees to flog us with?

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Dude, it's just an AS in Chemistry, and I never said I was going
    anywhere.

    Feel free to blow me at your earliest convenience.
    --
    V.G.

    Change pobox dot alaska to gci.
    "I wanted a car I could run down pedestrians with. But one with a comfy ride, like a sofa on wheels." - Father Haskell

    Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy), Jun 27, 2004
  4. What no reply Griffin?

    You Republican maggot.

    Watching Republicans die in Iraq is pure joy.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 28, 2004
  5. What no reply Griffin?

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 28, 2004
  6. My specialty is quantum physics.

    What's yours? Self gratification.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Quite probably. It's so much fun watching fools slit their own throat.

    So long suckers.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Ron Hunter

    lapdog Guest

    Gee, I thought you were into beating off....

    lapdog, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Ron Hunter

    lapdog Guest

    Byedie-bye...

    Oh...and..uh...make sure the door doesn't slam you in the ass on the way
    out....

    lapdog, Jun 28, 2004
  10. Ron Hunter

    John Griffin Guest

    Trying to discover the exact definition of a quantum of bullshit?
    What was that? (Hint: I'm serious.)

    John Griffin, Jun 28, 2004
  11. Ron Hunter

    John Griffin Guest

    Two replies to your own article... I see an obsession building here.

    By the way, it was funny to see that you have such a shortage of dumb
    remarks that you needed to use the same three both times.

    John Griffin, Jun 28, 2004
  12. U.S. Is Losing Its Dominance in the Sciences
    By WILLIAM J. BROAD

    Published: May 3, 2004

    The United States has started to lose its worldwide dominance in
    critical areas of science and innovation, according to federal and
    private experts who point to strong evidence like prizes awarded to
    Americans and the number of papers in major professional journals.
    Foreign advances in basic science now often rival or even exceed
    America's, apparently with little public awareness of the trend or
    its implications for jobs, industry, national security or the vigor
    of the nation's intellectual and cultural life.

    "The rest of the world is catching up," said John E. Jankowski, a
    senior analyst at the National Science Foundation, the federal
    agency that tracks science trends. "Science excellence is no longer
    the domain of just the U.S."

    Even analysts worried by the trend concede that an expansion of the
    world's brain trust, with new approaches, could invigorate the fight
    against disease, develop new sources of energy and wrestle with
    knotty environmental problems. But profits from the breakthroughs
    are likely to stay overseas, and this country will face competition
    for things like hiring scientific talent and getting space to
    showcase its work in top journals.

    One area of international competition involves patents. Americans
    still win large numbers of them, but the percentage is falling as
    foreigners, especially Asians, have become more active and in some
    fields have seized the innovation lead. The United States' share of
    its own industrial patents has fallen steadily over the decades and
    now stands at 52 percent.

    A more concrete decline can be seen in published research. Physical
    Review, a series of top physics journals, recently tracked a
    reversal in which American papers, in two decades, fell from the
    most to a minority. Last year the total was just 29 percent, down
    from 61 percent in 1983.

    China, said Martin Blume, the journals' editor, has surged ahead by
    submitting more than 1,000 papers a year. "Other scientific
    publishers are seeing the same kind of thing," he added.

    Another downturn centers on the Nobel Prizes, an icon of scientific
    excellence. Traditionally, the United States, powered by heavy
    federal investments in basic research, the kind that pursues
    fundamental questions of nature, dominated the awards.
    But the American share, after peaking from the 1960's through the
    1990's, has fallen in the 2000's to about half, 51 percent. The rest
    went to Britain, Japan, Russia, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland and New
    Zealand.

    "We are in a new world, and it's increasingly going to be dominated
    by countries other than the United States," Denis Simon, dean of
    management and technology at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
    recently said at a scientific meeting in Washington.

    Europe and Asia are ascendant, analysts say, even if their
    achievements go unnoticed in the United States. In March, for
    example, European scientists announced that one of their planetary
    probes had detected methane in the atmosphere of Mars - a possible
    sign that alien microbes live beneath the planet's surface. The
    finding made headlines from Paris to Melbourne. But most Americans,
    bombarded with images from America's own rovers successfully
    exploring the red planet, missed the foreign news.

    More aggressively, Europe is seeking to dominate particle physics by
    building the world's most powerful atom smasher, set for its debut
    in 2007. Its circular tunnel is 17 miles around.

    Science analysts say Asia's push for excellence promises to be even
    more challenging.

    "It's unbelievable," Diana Hicks, chairwoman of the school of public
    policy at the Georgia Institute of Technology, said of Asia's growth
    in science and technical innovation. "It's amazing to see these
    output numbers of papers and patents going up so fast."

    Analysts say comparative American declines are an inevitable result
    of rising standards of living around the globe.

    "It's all in the ebb and flow of globalization," said Jack Fritz, a
    senior officer at the National Academy of Engineering, an advisory
    body to the federal government. He called the declines "the next big
    thing we will have to adjust to."

    The rapidly changing American status has not gone unnoticed by
    politicians, with Democrats on the attack and the White House on the
    defensive.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 29, 2004
  13. Not possible, since the door never closes - just a long line of trained
    professionals leaving the Fascist American state for more democratic
    nations.

    So long suckers....

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 29, 2004
  14. Now that's odd, since I've never mentioned "beating off" in any of my posts.

    But we do now know that it's foremost on your mind.

    Cern here I come.
    So long Suckers.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 29, 2004
  15. No. We already know that definition it's known as NeoRepublicanism.

    Our goal is the exact quantification of components of the natural world.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 29, 2004
  16. Ron Hunter

    John Griffin Guest

    I can already see the headline. "Semi-literate, yappy cretin puts it all
    together."

    John Griffin, Jun 29, 2004
  17. Ron Hunter

    lap-dog Guest

    You're right. I wouldn't wanna wind up like you down below:

    lap-dog, Jun 29, 2004
  18. Infinite regression is my forté.

    How deep you wanna go,
    Ms. Deliverance Boy?

    Diamante No Áspero 11D, Jun 29, 2004
  19. Ron Hunter

    lap-dog Guest

    Sorry, fatso. I know you're hard up and all, but I'll bet you'll find
    plenty of old fat fags to play with.

    Now run along... Go find yourself an old folks home....

    (more laughing)

    lap-dog, Jun 29, 2004
  20. Would you please stop sending me these links
    in private email and on Usenet?

    I don't really care whether you have a tiny penis
    or a fat behind or you perform fellatio on your father
    or any of that stuff.

    Just Stop It!

    Diamante No Áspero 11D, Jun 29, 2004