Send a message by voting for Nader

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ron Hunter, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. Ron Hunter

    John Griffin Guest

    Hilarious...the drone copies and pastes some of the cooler than
    lukewarm support that loser Gore dredged up for his lie and then
    laughably congratulates himself. (Yes, I know...someone has to
    impressed by your squawking, and it might as well be you, since
    no other volunteers have popped up.)

    By the way, joke, I'm glad you read "Loser Gore had nothing to
    do with the Internet(sic)" in what I posted. That's part of
    being an entertaining cretin. That's not quite as funny as your
    belief that loser Gore invented the internet, but it was pretty
    good.

    "I was instrumental in developing the internet"--flat out lie by
    Al Gore. Scientists in government and academia and some of us
    who were working on telecommunications software years ago were
    the only people who were, to widely varying degrees,
    "instrumental in developing the internet." Without loser Gore's
    involvement, there would be absolutely no interesting or
    significant lacks in the internet as it exists now.

    You forgot to parrot a few flattering remarks about the zeal
    with which your has-been hero pursued his failed attempt to
    overturn the 2000 election. Let's have some more of your
    singsong. You're kinda funny, as drones go.

    John Griffin, Jun 22, 2004

  2. I am leaving the fascist state of America, and taking my degrees with me
    so that maximal damage can be done to the Evil fascists state of AmeriKKKa.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Ron Hunter

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    You plan to flog us to death with your degrees??

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 23, 2004
  4. I hope he takes enough degrees so that global warming won't affect us so
    much.

    Tex Tosterone, Jun 23, 2004
  5. Ron Hunter

    John Griffin Guest

    Among other positive aspects of your departure, that will
    increase the average IQ in this country. We can always afford to
    lose a few of you cretins.

    John Griffin, Jun 24, 2004
  6. Bye, now.

    Followup set to alt. pol

    John McWilliams, Jun 24, 2004
  7. Vincent Cerf, a senior vice president with MCI Worldcom who's been
    called the Father of the Internet: "The Internet would not be where it
    is in the United States without the strong support given to it and
    related research areas by the Vice President in his current role and
    in his earlier role as Senator."

    The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen, credits Gore with
    making his work possible. He received a federal grant through Gore's
    High Performance Computing Act. The University of Pennsylvania's Dave
    Ferber says that without Gore the Internet "would not be where it is
    today."

    Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia University,
    claims that Gore "was perhaps the first political leader to grasp the
    importance of networking the country.

    So, dpr, Gore had nothing to do with the Internet?

    Let me know if you need more K-Y, boy.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 24, 2004
  8. I plan to work to destroy you economically.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 24, 2004
  9. The brain drain from America is well on it's way. Already the number and
    quality of scientific papers has visably declined as has the quality of
    AmeriKKKan research.

    This will only continue....

    So long Suckers.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 24, 2004
  10. Ron Hunter

    Tank Fixer Guest

    ..
    That's ok, we can graduate more Art Major's any time

    Tank Fixer, Jun 24, 2004
  11. Ron Hunter

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    And what office is Al Gore running for this year? What's the point?

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 24, 2004
  12. Ron Hunter

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Perhaps so. But your departure should provide some compensation.

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 24, 2004
  13. Ron Hunter

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Now why insult art majors that way? <g>

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 24, 2004
  14. Adios, Pumpkin! Sayonara! Bon voyage! Hasta la vista! Arrivederci!
    Auf wiedersehen! Don't forget to write, OK?
    --
    V.G.

    Change pobox dot alaska to gci.
    "I wanted a car I could run down pedestrians with. But one with a comfy ride, like a sofa on wheels." - Father Haskell

    "No doubt about it, 9-11 was orchestrated by Lockheed." - *lexa 'connects the dots' ()
    (This sig file contains not less than 80% recycled SPAM)

    Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.

    Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy), Jun 24, 2004
  15. What's the point?

    All republicans are liars.

    The only good republican is a dead republican.

    That's the point comrad.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 24, 2004
  16. My last measured IQ was between 160 and 180.

    What was yours dogboy?

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 24, 2004
  17. AmeriKKKa.

    Sure, that's what is going on now to fill the gap left by the engineers
    and scientists who are leaving for more hospitable research climates.

    So long Suckers....

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 24, 2004
  18. Group Says Violent Plots Rise in United States - Apr. 15
    - June Preston - Reuters -

    ATLANTA - Right-wing plots to derail trains, assassinate public figures
    and blow up bridges have increased sharply in the United States in the
    three years since a bomb blast ripped apart an Oklahoma City federal
    building, the Southern Poverty Law Center says.

    "As we approach the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing (on April
    19), we need to remember not just the lives that have been lost, but
    that extremist and race-based terrorism is on the rise," said Morris
    Dees, founder of the watchdog organization that has tracked hate groups
    since 1981.

    The law center plans to issue its findings in a report on Wednesday.

    Mark Potok, editor of the center's Intelligence Project report on hate
    crimes, said violent conspiracies had proliferated since the Oklahoma
    City blast on April 19, 1995.

    "Many people would have assumed that acts of terror would decline
    after the Oklahoma City bombing, that such an appalling incident would
    drive people away from such movements," Potok said. "Instead, the
    movement has become harder-edged and plots and conspiracies have grown
    rather dramatically."

    Potok spoke by telephone from the center in Montgomery, Alabama, which
    burned to the ground in 1983 in a fire believed to have been started
    by the Ku Klux Klan.

    "The anti-government movement has branched out since then," Potok
    said. "Not everyone is a white supremacist. It has a much broader base
    of support than a few years ago.

    "Many of the propagandists have stripped away racial terms. They don't
    talk about blacks and Jews up front. Instead, they talk about the
    Second Amendment and the Brady bill and the demise of small-family
    agriculture in this country."

    Potok said the Internet had played a big role in spreading the word to
    individuals who may sympathize with the message of the radical right.

    "It has allowed propaganda to be amplified in a way unheard of up
    until now," he said. "A single white supremacist can broadcast a
    message that reaches millions.

    "These are people who in the past sat alone in their rooms shaking
    their fists at the world. Now that person goes to their computer
    screen and finds mail and up to the minute news about the movement."

    Potok said the number of hate groups had increased since Oklahoma City
    and "out of hate groups a very small percentage of people emerges who
    are actually willing to blow up bridges and murder people."

    He said Timothy McVeigh, convicted for the Oklahoma City blast that
    claimed 168 lives, had become a heroic figure to some members of
    anti-government groups, but a larger number believed McVeigh was a
    dupe used by the government.

    "I would say Timothy McVeigh is a folk hero to a very small number in
    the movement," he said. "But that is a very hard row to hoe -- you're
    not going to get many followers flying that flag."

    "A more common version is that some rogue elements in the government
    used McVeigh as a patsy, in the way some believe (John F. Kennedy
    assassin Lee Harvey) Oswald was used as a patsy."

    Potok detailed more than two dozen cases of hate-crime conspiracies
    tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center since the Oklahoma City
    explosion, including dozens of plots to blow up government buildings,
    bridges, newspaper offices and banks.

    Prime targets of several conspiracies, he said, were Internal Revenue
    Service buildings in several states. One group, he said, robbed 22
    banks in seven states to finance the activities of the Aryan
    Republican Army.

    "The problem of the radical right for years has been cash," Potok
    said. "That was the problem Timothy McVeigh had: How do you finance a
    major plot? This struggle to raise money has gone on for the past 15
    years because creating a second American revolution costs money."

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 24, 2004
  19. Ron Hunter

    Tank Fixer Guest

    ..
    I'm sure you have some documentation to back up your claim....

    Tank Fixer, Jun 24, 2004
  20. Ron Hunter

    Tank Fixer Guest

    ..
    Sorry, I could be wrong. He may he a poly-sci major.

    Tank Fixer, Jun 24, 2004