  1. Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter Guest

    He is the perfect protest vote against the chickenhawks. Give peace a chance man.

    Ron Hunter, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Indeed he is.

    But do you really think you can repair the damage done? Not even Kerry is
    promising to do that.

    So long suckers....

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Ron Hunter

    steve Guest

    I would recommend a vote for nader as appropriate IF:

    - you usually don't vote
    - Kerry and Bush both make you want ot be sick

    Otherwise, vote for Kerry and get rid of Bush.

    If Kerry turns out be a mistake like Bush.....THEN you need to support
    electoral reform (www.fairvote.com) becasue the truth would be that the
    present system of electing Presidents will never produce a good result.

    The top priority then MUST be to fix the system.

    IRV for presidential elections would be a good start.

    Electing the House by proportional representation and making their term 4
    years instead of two would also be a great way to restore life to Congress.

    steve, Jun 20, 2004
  4. Ron Hunter

    steve Guest

    It will take 10-20 years to repair the damage that Bush has done to Ameria's
    image in the world.

    Even then the damage he has done to the Republican Party in the eyes of the
    world will mean that the next Republican to be President will likely be
    distrusted from Day One by people outside the US if not those within.
    We're also assuming this election isn't already rigged by Deibold and
    others.

    That may not be a valid assumption. Jeb Bush looks like he is lining up to
    cheat yet again in Florida.

    steve, Jun 20, 2004
  5. The correct URL is:
    http://www.fairvote.org/

    The Center for Voting and Democracy (CVD) is dedicated to fair elections where all voters have an opportunity to be represented. Please read our chairman John Anderson's latest letter to supporters and consider a tax-deductible contribution. Thank you.

    National and state media have given extensive coverage to voting system reform and the views of CVD staff. Fair elections legislation has been introduced in Congress and many states.

    What's new has several additions, including:

    a.. IRV demonstrations to select John Kerry's VP at Take Back America conference and a button slogan for the Nation Magazine
    b.. Iraq and Afghanistan to use full representation
    c.. Democracy in Peril: The Center sponsors a major event on the right to vote in Boston on July 26
    d.. Washington Post columnist argues for ending winner-take-all US House elections, column features CVD's research on redistricting
    e.. New CVD commentary in Legal Times and San Diego Union-Tribune
    urges challenges to gerrymandered, winner-take-all elections
    f.. Maine adopts legislation to fund study on IRV
    g.. Cumulative voting allows full representation and leads to increased turnout in the Amarillo, TX school board election
    h.. Utah Republicans use IRV at convention to nominate candidates for Congress and governor
    i.. CVD reports on non-majority governors, 2004 presidential primary turnout, 2004 presidential primary/caucus results and 2004 congressional elections
    j.. Win for instant runoff voting at University of Minnesota highlights the adoption of IRV at several universities
    k.. Commentaries by John Anderson and Matt Gonzalez support IRV as a response to Ralph Nader's candidacy
    l.. Fixing Elections, by CVD's Steven Hill, is drawing praise and is now available in paperback. Read more of Hill's writings

    Rev. 11D Meow!, Jun 20, 2004
  6. Ron Hunter

    John Griffin Guest

    Here, parrots...have some crackers.

    John Griffin, Jun 20, 2004
  7. Again, it is making my chest and gut incredibly sore from laughing so hard
    at the inane drivel the neoCON 'base of operations' is doling out to the
    mongrel hordes to disseminate across the globe in their struggle to maintain
    the dominance that is already lost to doofuss-thunked-up actions from DC of
    late.

    Let US Pray For AMERICA'S SURVIVAL!

    my guess is more along the line of 50-100 years to repair the SEVERE TIRE
    DAMAGE ALREADY DONE TO AMERICA by dickless cheney and his EVIL SATANIC
    MINIONS.

    Well, as gramma always said,
    "The proof is in the pudding where the rubber meets the ass fault."

    Carry On, nothing to see here, just some
    sub-standard below-average neoCON road kill.

    Rev. 11D Meow!, Jun 20, 2004
  8. Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter Guest

    You want to see how bad things CAN get? Sigh.

    The problem is that ANYONE who wants the job probably isn't GOOD for the
    job.
    Nice idea, good luck.
    On the contrary, it would make it harder to get rid of entrenched office
    holders, just like in the Senate.

    Excessive cross-posting deleted.

    Ron Hunter (the one from Texas).

    Ron Hunter, Jun 20, 2004
  9. Way off topic discussion snipped.

    John McWilliams, Jun 20, 2004
  10. Reputation should be the least of your worries.

    Bush's economic damage is pretty much unsurmountable at this point.

    Jeb needs to manufactuer a new crisis.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 20, 2004
  11. Ron Hunter

    bob Guest

    ARe you talking to yourself again VD? What got you in trouble at the
    institution? You haven't been around in a while and I was concerned
    about your well being. Did you get some more electroshock therapy?

    bob, Jun 20, 2004
  12. Ron Hunter

    steve Guest

    No surprise redneck dribblers like you don't argue the issues.

    You don't even know what they are.

    steve, Jun 20, 2004
  13. Ron Hunter

    steve Guest

    steve, Jun 20, 2004
  14. America believes it can act outside of international law to murder and kill
    in it's own interest.

    I grant that right to those who oppose AmeriKKKan state.

    It's open season on Americans. Murder, kidnapping, torture, bombings,
    killing American Civilians/elected officials, women, children. Go for it
    boys. Do to AmeriKKKa what AmeriKKKa is doing to you.

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 21, 2004
  15. Ron Hunter

    rocky Guest

    What does Nader stand for? What are his politics? Why is he running? A
    vote for Nader is a vote against the looser in November.

    rocky, Jun 21, 2004
  16. Ron Hunter

    Paul Tiger Guest

    A vote for Nader is a vote by the brain dead for the brain dead

    A vote for Libertarian Michael Badnarik at least shows that you can think,
    and you've voted for a candidate who can too. Badnarik understands that we
    have a constitution, knows what it says, teaches others about it.

    www.badnarik.com

    chance man.

    Paul Tiger, Jun 21, 2004
  17. Ron Hunter

    SMITH29 Guest

    xxxx
    Doing a little meth are we ?

    29

    SMITH29, Jun 21, 2004
  18. From the Libertarian party platform - Immigration
    "We <therefore> call for the elimination of all restrictions on
    immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization
    Service and the Border Patrol, and a declaration of full amnesty
    for all people who have entered the country illegally. We oppose
    government welfare and resettlement payments to non-citizens just
    as we oppose government welfare payments to all other persons."

    From the Libertarian Party Platform "... Therefore, we call for
    the repeal of all laws that restrict anyone, including
    children, from engaging in voluntary exchanges of goods, services,
    or information regarding human sexuality, reproduction, birth
    control, or related medical or biological technologies.

    From the Libertarian Party Platform "... children always have the right
    to establish their maturity by assuming administration and protection
    of their own rights, ending dependency upon their parents or other
    guardians,
    and assuming all responsibilities of adulthood."

    From the Libertarian party platform "...We also support the repeal of all
    laws establishing any
    category of crimes applicable to children for which adults
    would not be similarly vulnerable, such as curfew, smoking,
    and alcoholic beverage laws, and other status offenses."

    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 21, 2004
  19. Ron Hunter

    FSIA Guest

    Ron Hunter writes...
    The only message sent by voting for Nader is that you don't care enough
    about your country and how the Bush administration is destroying America,
    our reputation and standing in the world to vote for Kerry. A vote for
    Nader is a wasted vote that could have gone to remove Bush and his cabal
    of war criminals from office.

    FSIA, Jun 21, 2004
  20. Ron Hunter

    SMITH29 Guest

    xxxx
    We don't care about no steenking world image.
    xxxx
    You should be happy!!
    xxxx
    THe plan is in place.
    xxxx
    It won't be Florida this time, silly.
    Did you know you can vote by computer this time?

    29

    SMITH29, Jun 21, 2004