Semi-OT : Syd Barrett

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by RobMac, Jul 11, 2006.

  1. RobMac

    RobMac Guest

    RobMac, Jul 11, 2006

  2. RobMac

    Phisherman Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:13:49 -0400, "RobMac" <>
    wrote:

    >July 11, 2006
    >
    >The day Pink Floyd's "p.u.l.s.e." DVD is finally released also sees the end
    >of Pink Floyd's founding father, Syd Barrett.
    >
    >Syd Barrett dead at age 60.
    >
    >http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/11/britain.floyd/index.html
    >
    >Shine on Syd, you crazy diamond....and thank you for 41 years of Pink
    >Floyd.....

    Pink Floyd: My favorite group. No wonder they are on the top floor
    of the Rock And Roll museum. Thanks Syd.

    Phisherman, Jul 12, 2006

  3. RobMac

    Bob Guest

    wrote:

    >Syd Barrett dead at age 60.

    Jeez, I did not realize he made it that long.

    --

    Stop Repeat Offenders!
    Don't Re-elect Them!

    Bob, Jul 12, 2006
  4. RobMac

    Bob Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 02:14:59 GMT, Phisherman <> wrote:

    >Pink Floyd: My favorite group. No wonder they are on the top floor
    >of the Rock And Roll museum. Thanks Syd.

    I would not take away from the contributions of Roger Waters.

    Personally, I was glad when Barrett left.

    --

    Stop Repeat Offenders!
    Don't Re-elect Them!

    Bob, Jul 12, 2006
  5. RobMac

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:27:48 GMT, (Bob) Gave us:

    >On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 02:14:59 GMT, Phisherman <> wrote:
    >
    >>Pink Floyd: My favorite group. No wonder they are on the top floor
    >>of the Rock And Roll museum. Thanks Syd.

    >I would not take away from the contributions of Roger Waters.
    >
    >Personally, I was glad when Barrett left.

    Syd Barrett founded the group, but he doesn't command much else,
    except that many of Waters' songs were about him, so I guess in a way,
    he does.

    He went nuts for a short time, and THAT is why he left the group.

    The drugs were just too damned good back then.

    His album was weird, he was pretty cool, but I agree that Pink Floyd
    was far better off they way things did go.

    They state "quietly in peace" at 60. I wanted to see the COD (cause
    of death).

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jul 13, 2006
  6. RobMac

    Brightman Guest

    "Roy L. Fuchs" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:27:48 GMT, (Bob) Gave us:
    >
    >>On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 02:14:59 GMT, Phisherman <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Pink Floyd: My favorite group. No wonder they are on the top floor
    >>>of the Rock And Roll museum. Thanks Syd.

    >>I would not take away from the contributions of Roger Waters.
    >>
    >>Personally, I was glad when Barrett left.

    > Syd Barrett founded the group, but he doesn't command much else,
    > except that many of Waters' songs were about him, so I guess in a way,
    > he does.
    >
    > He went nuts for a short time, and THAT is why he left the group.
    >
    > The drugs were just too damned good back then.
    >
    > His album was weird, he was pretty cool, but I agree that Pink Floyd
    > was far better off they way things did go.
    >
    > They state "quietly in peace" at 60. I wanted to see the COD (cause
    > of death).

    I think was complications from diabetes.

    Brightman, Jul 13, 2006