    made, say for accounting purposes, and sell it to other
    Excel users? If yes would this be a product that one
    would get copyrighted in some way? Thanks so much. Jim

    Jim, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Jim

    JC Guest

    Jim,
    Selling a copy of MS Excel would be illegal, selling a
    copy of your work built with Excel (your spreadsheet)
    isn't.

    JC, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Jim

    brendanchou

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Legal but hard to make money

    If the spreadsheet was created by you and you were not contracted or employed by someone else at the time, it is yours to sell. Check out your employment contract if the spreadsheet was created for your employer.

    Can be hard to make money selling spreadsheet but there are more and more ways to monetize this work. Check out the following service where you are paid recurring commissions based on usage of your spreadsheet(s) by paying customers.

    http://www.oneclickstatements.com/affiliates.html

    brendanchou, Jul 25, 2011