    the answer explanations were pretty weak.

    Thank you!

    Eric

    Guest, Apr 2, 2005

  2. Guest

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    April 2, 2005

    I agree with you. There are a lot of practice tests
    out there that are illegal. It has always been my point
    of view that what is the point of cheating if once you
    get into college, programming jobs, etc. and you can't
    perform the most basic tasks? If you did that on a
    Calculus exam, it sure would be obvious once you were
    asked to do the math! I have read over 8000 pages in
    preperation for 70-306 ; 305 ; 310 ; 330 and I plan on
    continuing to read! I myself have never even bought a
    practice test. I use the ones that come with the
    Microsoft Press Training Kits. There is a Training Kit
    for each MCP exam. The tests that come with the book are
    from MeasureUP and I agree that the explainations are
    extremely weak. Microsoft redesigned the training kits
    recently however, and have included 300 practice tests
    questions!! Best of all, the books are MUCH easier to
    read and the explainations of the practice test questions
    are VERY detailed! They are a great value for the price.
    The latest one that counts for the MCSD/MCAD track is 70-
    330. 70-306 ; 70-305 ; 70-310 ; 70-300 still have the old
    design. I will be disappointed when I have to go back to
    the old design for 70-300 soon. I wish you the very best
    of luck and have a great day!

    Joseph MCAD

    Joseph MCAD, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Guest

    FYI-Geek101 Guest

    An excellent compliment to your training is to
    use the free Microsoft Skills Assessments at
    and its always free.

    If you need help, you can also get excellent free detailed
    Q&A support for skills assessments at
    http://disnetinc.com/

    VERY IMPORTANT:
    Industry use these assessments to measure your skill sets,
    so completing them successfully is in your best interest.

    This is really a No Brainer:
    Why look for training and testing any where else?
    Learn from the people who built the products, learn from
    Microsoft.

    I recommend the following microsoft press books for
    training at

    View all Microsoft Certifications at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certifications.asp

    FYI-Geek101

    FYI-Geek101, Apr 4, 2005
  4. Guest

    Sami Guest

    Hi
    I have just used Self Test Software for preparing for
    70-315 and found it so much useful ..i cleared with a
    score of 848.

    i had also bought transcender but that is a true brain-
    dump although its good to know facts. If you want a much
    exam-focussed study, i highly recommend Selftest software.

    Hope this helps,
    Sami
    (MCP-70-315)

    Sami, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the recommendation, Sami. And that's good to know about
    Transcender. I just heard that they were "good"...didn't know they were a
    braindump company. That's unfortunate.

    I went ahead and ordered Self Test's 70-320 "Study Guide" package. By the
    way, in a Google search, I stumbled upon a Promtetric page that links to
    Self Test's site to save 20% off your order. I got the $139 study guide for
    $111.20. If anyone's interested, it is:

    http://www.prometric.com/Passport/Self+Test+Software+-+Transcender.htm

    Thank you,

    Eric

    Guest, Apr 8, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Is the self-test software free if you register for the
    test

    Guest, Apr 8, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    No, Self Test Software (www.selftestsoftware.com) is independent of the
    exam. There are, however, companies that sell Self Test Software's products
    along with a Microsoft exam voucher for a reduced rate. One place is
    www.getcertify4less.com. (I've never tried them; I've just heard of them.)

    Hope this helps,

    Eric

    Guest, Apr 8, 2005
  8. Guest

    Sudar Guest

    No it is not free, you need to buy it seperately

    Sudar, Apr 11, 2005