Self-Paced Training Kit Exams vs. Transcender vs .The Real Thing

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Oyvind, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. Oyvind

    Oyvind Guest

    Hi,
    I'm currently studying for the MCSD (surprise :), and
    picked up the training kit from MS Press. I've also
    purchased the MCSD package from Transcender.

    The MS Training Kit comes with a set of practice tests,
    with 150 questions for each exam. The form of the MS
    training kit and the Transcender tests vary somewhat. The
    MS Training Kit exams have more complex questions that
    often take longer to read than Transcender's, but I find
    that I core higher on the Training Kit exams than
    Transcender's exams.

    For those of you who have seen both the Training Kit and
    Transcender exams, how would you compare either of these
    to the Real Thing?

    FWIW, most of my working experience (7 years of MS-based
    systems development, including two years of .Net) is in
    win-apps, so I'll do 70-316 first. I then plan on
    completing the MCAD before I aim for the final MCSD.

    Oyvind, Oct 6, 2004