    intenet access through our router, but dont want to see our shared folders.
    Can this be done without setting up a domain, which I want to avoid if
    possible.

    Guest, Oct 11, 2005

  2. Think about using ftp for this, its relatively easy to set up and allows
    you total control over who has access to any directories etc

    for a good server and client try

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

    hth

    philip ashley

    Philip Ashley, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Certainly, since you have Pro. The file systems must all be NTFS and
    Simple Sharing must be disabled (Folder Options>View). Create a new
    user group and call it something pertaining to the folders
    ("Marketing", "Sales", etc. - whatever works for your company). Now
    assign users to that group, not forgetting to include yourself and
    Administrator. Set permissions on the folders so they can only be
    accessed by users in the new user group.

    Malke

    Malke, Oct 11, 2005