    the 'To' in VB's Select Case?

    This is really the only thing I've come across yet where
    I wish C# had something that VB.NET has.

    Tony, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I also love With in VB.

    I don't get it. C# has more advanced features such as
    operator overloading and unsafe code and pointers, even
    generics, so how come Microsoft can't include the nice
    little time saving conveniences from VB into C#. It would
    give the language pretty much everything I'd want :(

    Tony, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Tony

    james Guest

    I wish that C# had the with statement. That makes life really easy, especially with ADO.net

    james, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Tony

    Hermit Dave Guest

    most people using C# are those that moved from C++... and most of are used
    to the hard way.
    infact at times the lengthy with statements tend to increase the look ups
    specially while debugging (have done a bit of VB programming in past and
    okay i did find it easy to use the with statement but somehow i could very
    well do without it)... and i guess most would agree when i say we prefer it
    the hard way.

    think with .net adopting VB programming model (i.e. the ease) to an extent
    was good enough. and there's still a VB.NET for all those that fancy
    everything VB.

    Hermit Dave, Feb 4, 2004