Seeking usage stats for usenet newsgroup...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jdunbarj, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. jdunbarj

    jdunbarj Guest

    Hello,

    Is there any way I could get a rough sense of how many "hits" (on
    average) the entire rec.sport.disc newsgroup gets on a per day or per
    month or per year basis?

    I'm thinking about convening a much smaller discussion group (maybe
    using the Yahoo! Groups service) for interested individuals to
    brainstorm around certain topics that are occasionally covered by this
    rec.sport.disc newsgroup (especially the thread noted below) and I'm
    hoping these usage statistics might help me understand the level of
    latent interest that's already out there...or at least develop a sense
    of the size of the newgroup's readership.

    Likewise, is there any way that I can find out how many "hits" a
    particular thread has gotten since it was started on the
    rec.sport.disc newsgroup?

    In particular, I am trying to get a sense of how many people have been
    reading a post titled "Seeking Ultimate Curriculum" - it was started
    on June 29th, 2003.

    The thread in question is located here:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=...ang_en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&group=rec.sport.disc

    Please respond to me directly via email at "[email protected] dot
    com"...and thanks in advance for whatever info you can provide.

    -Jeff

    jdunbarj, Jul 3, 2003

  2. jdunbarj

    Richard Guest

    No stats are kept on "hits" AFAIK.
    As there are just way to many servers out there to contend with.
    Plus the fact that doing so would mean a ton of coding nobody wants to do.

    Richard, Jul 3, 2003