    If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
    script that could coordinate making the connection?

    Thanks.

    varioustrees, Nov 18, 2007

  2. This is typically referred to as click to call functionality

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click-to-call

    Your script would initiate some software like Asterisk to initiate two
    calls and then connect both channels.

    If you have a big volume of calls you need to centrally initiate, drop
    me a call and I can share some ideas with you.

    Andy Davidson, Nov 18, 2007

  3. How about SpeakFreely?

    It's about as basic as VoIP gets, but you can talk, and even use
    encryption if you want to.

    Juergen Nieveler

    Juergen Nieveler, Nov 18, 2007
  4. varioustrees

    Hongtian Guest

    If your OS is windows, I suggest you to try miniSipServer and Xten.

    miniSipServer is a kind of SIP server and Xten is a kind of SIP
    client. You can use them to establish your own VOIP network.

    :)

    Hongtian, Nov 19, 2007
  5. Any VoIP Program using the SIP protocol is able to do this.
    The problem is NAT, which is probably made by your router.

    You will have to open a port, normally 5060, for the
    signalling of incoming calls to your PC or phone device.
    I prefer SJphone which is freely available for lots of systems.
    If you know the IP the only 3rd system necessary is a STUN
    server which just helps to hold the route open over the NAT.

    Then just "dial" the IP-number and it is done.
    Even commercially available IP-Phones based on the SIP
    protocol are able to do this.
    So you even do not need a PC.

    Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Barth, Nov 19, 2007