    Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
    acceptable.

    Thanks

    LuvLatins, Dec 15, 2006

  2. LuvLatins

    lubecki Guest

    Unless you have a really compelling reason to set up your own photo
    website, it would make much more sense to just use an existing service,
    like flickr.com.

    -Gniewko

    lubecki, Dec 15, 2006

  3. Take a look at Coppermine... You can FTP all your pics into a directory
    structure on your server and then tell CM to import them into albums..

    T.

    Tony Gartshore, Dec 15, 2006
  4. LuvLatins

    Aaron Guest

    If you have control over the webserver, I have realized almost a 50%
    increase in performance with Gallery 2 by using eAccelerator, a widely
    used PHP opcode cache.

    Don't discount Gallery 1 as an option; its framework is much smaller,
    theme system is almost as fully-featured, and it is much faster.

    Coppermine is a piece of crap; don't waste your time. I have used all
    three in production and Gallery is vastly superior.

    Aaron, Dec 15, 2006
  5. LuvLatins

    Mike Russell Guest

    I second the vote for Coppermine - it's open source, free, and uses MySQL.
    You can download images individually, use FTP for batch downloading, and
    it's also compatible with XP's Web Publishing Wizard. I've been using it
    for almost a year without a hitch for a reasonably large user base.

    The disadvantages might be that it does not give you much control over
    organizing the look and feel (though it does support skins), and it may do
    "too much" - it's a fully administered multi user system that can be
    integrated with other BBS software, such as SMF, though you could use it as
    a single user system if you prefer.

    Mike Russell, Dec 16, 2006
  6. LuvLatins

    Don Guest

    Take a look at this (a bookmark and page I saved from Usenet)

    http://butterflies.usenetshit.info/butterfly

    Don, Dec 17, 2006