    OK thanks - I downloaded the 2.7x version a month ago. That version
    was running on the XP Pro system which I in-place upgraded to Vista
    Business and it is running fine there.

    BSchnur, Feb 3, 2007

  2. RMZ

    Guest Guest

    In Windows XP x64, when I open my folders, the icons seem to come up in
    random order. If I right-click, I can get them in name order, but the next
    time I open the folder, they are random again. (If anything, the last used
    files come up last.)

    I've tried holding Alt when I click to rearrange, but the next time, they
    are still unsorted.

    It's very annoying and time consuming to have to rearrange every folder each
    time I use it. Is there anything else I can try?

    -- Pat

    Guest, Feb 25, 2007

  3. RMZ

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Mar 28, 2007
  4. RMZ

    will Guest

    Hi. I have a dual core P$, 3Gig and I was running xp and I purchased vista
    ultimate upgrade but it would only let me install the 32Bit disc. It came
    with the 64Bit disc but it wouldn't install. Did your's work straight away or
    am I missing something? I would love to finally be able to take advantage of
    my dual core because windows 64 was a sham and never worked (and it came with
    the pc).

    will, Jan 23, 2008
  5. What processor is in the computer? If it is a Core Duo then it will not run
    a 64-bit OS. Other dual core cpu's will.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 23, 2008
  6. RMZ

    Darren Guest

    Darren, Jan 27, 2008
  7. RMZ

    Darren Guest

    I am still waiting for my 64 bit discs to arrive but in the meantime - i have
    unistalled my vista 32 bit and reinstalled my old Windows xp pro because i
    want to install both operating sysems on my computer - do you have any
    suggestions on how i should approach this issue - and can i download vista
    home pro while i am waiting for the software to arrive by male?

    Darren, Jan 27, 2008
  8. Excuse me, but I am running Windows Live One Care on Vista Ultimate x64. I
    am running Avast on a test box under Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 RC Refresh 2.
    Nod32 and AVG also are running on VU x64 for various of the regulars in this
    newsgroup. I don't understand why your installation does not run a variety
    of antivirus solutions.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 27, 2008
  9. RMZ

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    I am puzzled. I have no problem running Avast or Eset's Nod32 on XP 64 bit
    or Vista 64 bit.

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 27, 2008
  10. RMZ

    DP Guest

    As others have said, Avast works fine.
    There's also Windows Defender. I run 'em both.

    DP, Jan 27, 2008
  11. RMZ

    KevinD Guest

    I'll Chime in......Version 2 of Once Care working just fine here on my
    Ultimate 64Bit machine. However it is true that anything prior to version
    two would not even install on 64 Bit Vista. They (Microsoft) made a point
    of 64Bit support being offered in version 2.

    KevinD, Jan 27, 2008
  12. RMZ

    BMW Guest

    Add me to the list looking for 64bit Version OneCare for new Vista Ultimate
    install. I've purchased OneCare from its lanch and can not believe the mighty
    MS does not have a 64bit version ready. How is it the biggest companies with
    the most people and money are always the slowest to accomplish a task?

    Thanks Theo for alternatives. I'm just really disappointed Microsoft doesn't
    have a 64bit OneCare system to sell me.

    BMW, May 9, 2008
  13. I have been running OneCare on my Vista Ultimate x64 computer for months.
    What am I missing here? Or are you talking about XP Pro x64? If you are,
    forget it. It will never be released for that.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 9, 2008
  14. RMZ

    HARLEY RIDER Guest

    MCAfee SECURITY CENTER WORKS WELL WITH MY 64 Bit MACHINE DELL XPS

    HARLEY RIDER, Apr 30, 2009
  15. RMZ

    Drew Guest

    3 words! Mcafee is crap! always was always will be!.. There are many many
    free antivirus solutions that work with Vista 64bit all are more dependable
    and less of a resource hog than a piece of s**t like Mcafee I would use AVG
    from Grisoft or Avast from Alwil or even a paid one like Vipre from Sunbelt.
    These are fast, efficient and small programs that do not drag a system like
    Mcafee or Norton would.

    Drew, May 2, 2009
  16. RMZ

    Rob Moir Guest

    I'd rather not run antivirus at all than run McAfee or Norton. I'd get only
    slightly less protection without having to pay any money for it, at least,
    and I wouldn't be lulled into a false sense of security by companies that
    would rather spend more effort on a fancy interface than on the scanner
    itself.

    Is this an old post that's been dug up. Most AV products will run on 64 bit
    bit Windows, and Kaspersky is a fine fine AV product, much more than merely
    "some kind of protection", which would be the likes of One Care, which I'd
    add to my list of "rather use no antivirus than use this" objects above.

    Rob Moir, May 4, 2009