Seek expertise advice ----Olympus C-4040 (reconditioned from ebay) !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jeff, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Dear All,

    I just bought a reconditioned Olympus C-4040 from Olympus America at Ebay.
    The price was $380 and I totally paid $416 for tax and shipping. I have
    questions about this camera, and I appreciate your help.
    1. Although I read some positive reviews about re-conditioned cameras from
    Olympus, I am not sure what it would be after several months, and how was
    the problem. Does anyone have the similar experience?
    2. I used it last night for about 30 min. adjust the settings, and I found
    that the LCD monitor was hot, at least quite warm. Is this normal? I am
    worrying that if it works like this, it may shorten the life of the
    electronic components in the camera. I had experience using a C-3030, and I
    don't remember that the LCD monitor was hot.
    3. Should I keep this, or, should I return to the seller? I am confused. I
    have 30 days to return it, and 90 days of warranty.
    4. Is/was C-4040 a good camera or not? Why Olympus discontinued its
    production?

    Thank you very much for your advice, you can reply to this message or send
    message to .

    Jeff, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Factory reconditioned cameras are as reliable as brand new ones. Some think
    they are even better, since whatever manufacturing defect they had has been
    corrected.
    Camera makers, kike makers of other consumer items, change add and drop
    products for market reasons. The similar C-4000 is still offered. Perhaps
    sales of the C-4040 were not large enough.

    Marvin Margoshes, Sep 10, 2003