    problems seeing the other PC's or sharing an internet connection. It is just
    on the wireless setup at home where I have problems.

    Many Thanks for all help offered

    Jeremy Lawrence, Feb 5, 2006

  2. Jeremy Lawrence

    WLW Guest

    Hi, Jeremy -

    If you are using XP, make sure that the Firewall is configured to allow File
    Printing and Sharing under the Exceptions tab. If you are using something
    like Norton Internet Security or another personal firewall, make sure that
    is configured to allow File Printing and Sharing. Otherwise your computers
    are being "protected" from each other.

    HTH,

    WLW, Feb 5, 2006

  3. Jeremy Lawrence

    Guest Guest

    Hi Jeremy - I am by no means an expert in computers, but I had the same issue
    with my Belkin router too (frustratingly my flatmate could connect with his
    laptop no problem!) . Turns out it was an IP address conflict between my PC
    and my laptop. I rang Belkin's helpline and they talked me through changing
    the settings. They are an Indian call centre (have had some bad experiences
    with those!), but once I got through they were really helpful. I hope this
    helps a little. Best wishes, Kate.

    Guest, Feb 7, 2006