    router.

    Thanks
    Geoff

    Guest, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The router you have the moment is designed to be connected a Cable Modem,
    there should be a RJ45 thats says internet on it somewhere.

    To get around this, you would have to either buy a ADSL Modem with one RJ45
    port on it to link to your current router, or take your router back and
    exchange for a ADSL Wireless Router WITH BUILT IN MODEM.

    I noticed that the BUILT IN MODEM part is stated very clear on some packaging.

    Hope that helps
    Scott

    Guest, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Guest

    vballjim Guest

    check and make sure the ASDL Modem doesn't have a router
    built in. If you can plug in one of your computers
    directly to the modem and try to access the internet, that
    will help pinpoint the problem. If your modem does have a
    router built in, you will need to bridge the 2 connections
    together. You can do that in network connections by
    clicking the broadband and network connections...right
    clicking and selecting bridge connections.

    vballjim, Dec 29, 2004