    x-ray vision through white close? Is it enough to switch on the night-shot
    function on my cam, or do I need some kind of lens?

    /GreatDane

    GreatDane, Feb 22, 2004

  2. GreatDane

    AArDvarK Guest

    "white close" ... do you mean clothing, or clothes? You learned
    that it is possible to shoot in actual x-ray capabilities?
    Alex

    AArDvarK, Feb 22, 2004

  3. GreatDane

    Nibbler Guest

    LOL, I bet you could make a filter like that (stick some feathers inbetween
    glass - I think that's what was in the plastic in those glasses) and sell it
    on Ebay, and promote in a spam campaign like the x10 spy cameras... I
    *could* just imagine the creative adds considering the spam I've seen... the

    Nibbler, Feb 22, 2004
  4. He's talking about that Sony Night Vision thing, where you use an IR light
    which the camcorder sensor is sensitive to. Some shear materials, which are
    opaque to visible light, are transparent to IR, giving perverts a whole new
    thing to get worked up about.

    IIRC, Sony stopped marketing the "Night Vision" thing when they got a lot of
    negative publicity over this.

    Dominic Richens, Feb 22, 2004
  5. GreatDane

    AArDvarK Guest

    Okay I see, actually it sounds fun. Thanks.
    Alex

    AArDvarK, Feb 22, 2004
  6. GreatDane

    Larry Guest

    He needs to strap on those "X-RAY-SPECS" they sell n the back of comic
    books (to the camera I mean)

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    Larry, Feb 22, 2004
  7. GreatDane

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 22, 2004
  8. GreatDane

    Larry Guest

    They didn't stop making it, they just made it a LOT less sensitive..
    I have one of thier OLD 8mm camcorders that had it, and if I used it on
    my wife in a darkened room, and she was wearing a summer-wieght shift or
    blouse, it could locate shuch things as nipples, and the more sensitive
    areas below the belt, but it isnt at all an xray type thing, more like a
    "get the 12 year-olds worked up type of thing".

    The newer cameras and camcorders just give you a "night-scope" type b&w
    (actually green and white) image.
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery