Security software for new laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Albert, Nov 22, 2009.

  1. Albert

    Albert Guest

    Hello!

    I'm thinking of getting a new laptop soon, but before I ask somewhere
    else about what to get, I'd just like to know what else I need to
    consider getting on my laptop.

    I wish to buy a laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed and install Sun
    VirtualBox to virtualise Ubuntu.

    _Some_ of the things I wish to do...

    On Windows, I would like to play Counter-Strike 1.6 (on local server, no
    internet required) and use Thunderbird for gmail and newsgroups.

    On Ubuntu, I want to watch videos on YouTube using FF and download
    torrents and all other web surfing.

    In my mind currently, there should be no need for IM, Facebook,
    Twitter, banking, eBay (or shopping sites), iTunes.

    The only problem I see with this setup is if I absolutely must use this
    new laptop at school. The school techies will only configure the
    internet for us if we use Windows XP, Vista, 7 or Mac. However, I can
    use the laptop for sending this for school and leave the new laptop at home.

    Thanks In Advance,
    Albert

    Albert, Nov 22, 2009

  2. From: "Albert" <>

    | Hello!

    | I'm thinking of getting a new laptop soon, but before I ask somewhere
    | else about what to get, I'd just like to know what else I need to
    | consider getting on my laptop.

    | I wish to buy a laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed and install Sun
    | VirtualBox to virtualise Ubuntu.

    | _Some_ of the things I wish to do...

    | On Windows, I would like to play Counter-Strike 1.6 (on local server, no
    | internet required) and use Thunderbird for gmail and newsgroups.

    | On Ubuntu, I want to watch videos on YouTube using FF and download
    | torrents and all other web surfing.

    | In my mind currently, there should be no need for IM, Facebook,
    | Twitter, banking, eBay (or shopping sites), iTunes.

    | The only problem I see with this setup is if I absolutely must use this
    | new laptop at school. The school techies will only configure the
    | internet for us if we use Windows XP, Vista, 7 or Mac. However, I can
    | use the laptop for sending this for school and leave the new laptop at home.

    | Thanks In Advance,
    | Albert

    A good laptop will have an easilt removed hard disk. Get second disk.

    Then you can have both environemnts.

    I have a Latitude D620. One hard disk has WinXP Pro and the other Vista Business.

    David H. Lipman, Nov 22, 2009

  3. Whipped cream.

    The Flying Camel (n)
    A personal favorite. As she is lying on her back and you are
    hammering her on your knees, you very carefully move forward and
    prop yourself (without using your arms) on your dick while it is
    still inserted in her vertical seafood taco. You then proceed to
    flap your arms and let out a long shrieking howl, much like a
    flying camel. Strictly a classy move.

    ♥Ari♥, Dec 4, 2009