    Guest Guest

    Wow that's a bit a totalitarian. Nature should decide who can have kids, not
    society.

    Guest, Oct 9, 2003

  2. DigitalCameraBasics

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Replace "your" with "you're" at the end of the second paragraph of reply
    above.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003

  3. DigitalCameraBasics

    Mxsmanic Guest

    It's interesting that nobody objects to licensing and restrictions for
    so many trivial activities of everyday life, but when it comes to
    something that decides the future of civilization, everyone wants it to
    be totally chaotic. I've often thought that there might be metaphysical
    reasons for this.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003
  4. DigitalCameraBasics

    Azzz1588 Guest

    The Nazi's would have loved you !!

    BTW who exactly is "we" and what makes "we" qualified to
    have children ?? And how is "we" going to enforce this ??

    Have you ever had kid's ??
    Sounds like you never have......
    (which is a good thing for a change from you !!)

    Azzz1588, Oct 9, 2003
  5. DigitalCameraBasics

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Not in the last 50 years we havnt...

    Worse in france, it went on for a while, and no one seemed
    ro care..... We saw it in the news...

    Azzz1588, Oct 9, 2003
  6. DigitalCameraBasics

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Ow, me head hurts! No really, me head hurts this morning and I can't find a
    single 'your' in this post.

    Paul Heslop, Oct 9, 2003
  7. DigitalCameraBasics

    Paul Heslop Guest

    I tend to be very open about this. If they KNOW a child will be seriously
    handicapped at birth they often advise abortion. I always said we wouldn't do
    it, but we were never actually faced with it, so how can I tell.

    Paul Heslop, Oct 9, 2003
  8. DigitalCameraBasics

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Heat waves like this don't occur that often. This one was the hottest
    of its kind since records were first kept, in 1873.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003
  9. DigitalCameraBasics

    Mxsmanic Guest

    "Your a cop" should have been "you're a cop."

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003
  10. DigitalCameraBasics

    Mxsmanic Guest

    I doubt that. I donn't share their moral values or politics.
    We being society in general.
    The same way it enforces all licensing requirements.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003
  11. DigitalCameraBasics

    George Kerby Guest

    You have only kept records for only a little over a hundred years?
    NAAAAAWWWW!!! No WAY!!!
    More B.S. from you. I'm rolling up my jeans now...

    George Kerby, Oct 9, 2003
  12. DigitalCameraBasics

    Mxsmanic Guest

    I don't keep records at all.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003
  13. DigitalCameraBasics

    dvus Guest

    Heh, sounds like you're as nit-picky as I am when it comes to editing your
    posts. I do it because it drives me nuts when others are sloppy about their
    syntax, spelling and grammar, so I don't want people to get annoyed when trying
    to parse my posts as I sometimes do reading others.

    It's lame, I know, but I take the time to check what I write in the hope others
    will do the same. Pet peeve: use of "loose" when "lose" was intended, and
    vice-versa.

    dvus

    dvus, Oct 9, 2003
  14. DigitalCameraBasics

    dvus Guest

    Every mother (both human and lower species) instinctively knows what works best
    in discouraging self-destructive behavior. A sharp tone of disapproval coupled
    with a noticeable rap to the offending digit educates far more quickly and
    effectively than trying to reason with a 2 year olds non-existent attention
    span. In the animal kingdom the most common discipline is usually a cuff that
    often knocks the offender ass-end over teakettle. We are much more fragile, so a
    proportionally lesser response is usually sufficient.

    dvus

    dvus, Oct 9, 2003
  15. DigitalCameraBasics

    Charlie D Guest

    Not lame. It's merely your choice of how you wish to come across.
    Those things bug me. I believe it's our "teach to the lowest common
    denominator" educational system. I hear bad English more and more on TV
    also. If some people don't care how their posts look and wish to come
    across as uneducated, that's their prerogative.

    It's pretty easy to tell the difference between typos, non-native
    English speakers and plain old errors. The supposed Dutch plural
    "Canon's," however, was new to me.

    Charlie D, Oct 9, 2003
  16. DigitalCameraBasics

    Guest Guest

    What does prerogative mean?

    Sorry, I just couldn't resist :)

    Guest, Oct 9, 2003
  17. DigitalCameraBasics

    dvus Guest

    Never work, IMHO. Too subjective to be applied to society as are other
    activities. How do you test for compassion and other traits thought to be
    beneficial to good parenting.

    dvus

    dvus, Oct 9, 2003
  18. DigitalCameraBasics

    George Kerby Guest

    George Kerby, Oct 9, 2003
  19. DigitalCameraBasics

    Mxsmanic Guest

    I try not to make mistakes. However, I write a tremendous number of
    e-mails and USENET posts each day, and sometimes I get sloppy. I've
    seen much worse, though.
    It's not that lame. Remember, your posts will still be archived when
    you retire.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003
  20. DigitalCameraBasics

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Just look what happened to Roy Horn when his kitty tried to cuff him.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003